An experiment in self-empowerment - Any Volunteers?

by Frannie Banannie 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    Perhaps, Mark.....but I'd really like to experiment with this.....I think it's worth a try to see if there really ARE some positive affects on our lives. I'm talking about a temporary experiment, not a permanent radical change in lifestyle.

That's what I'm talking about. You can't go wrong with an experimental, inquisitive attitude, but trying to make big changes is more likely to cause a reaction. What I'm talking about is not a change in lifestyle, that might sometimes happen, but I mention that stuff just to put it in context. Put another way we all kind of change gears all the time, if you find this interesting then enjoy it.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    That's what I'm talking about. You can't go wrong with an experimental, inquisitive attitude, but trying to make big changes is more likely to cause a reaction. What I'm talking about is not a change in lifestyle, that might sometimes happen, but I mention that stuff just to put it in context. Put another way we all kind of change gears all the time, if you find this interesting then enjoy it.

(Whew!) I thought for a moment there you were warning us away from doing this experiment, Mark....LOL! I haven't "changed gears" since I switched from "borg gear" more than a decade ago....(sprays WD-40 on "gears" like a rusty ol' Tin Man)

Frannie

• gumby
    gumby

So yer sayin I can't say the word bastard around my house for awhile? I dunno

Actually, if negativity were less a part of our lifes and positive thinking and speech were more the norm, aspects even different than sound would be affected. Sound is one of many influential elements.

Sound good to me Fanny...I'l start tomarrow at work. I'm startin to cuss more than I should anyways. I sounded better as a damn dub.

Btw...I liked this,

There's a reason for this little known phenomenon of nature. The singing of the birds sets up a particular sound vibration that promotes the growth of young leaves of trees, plants and flowers, so the birdsong is fairly constant all day long in the spring while the new growth is occurring.

Another reason I disregard Evolution.

Gumby

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    So yer sayin I can't say the word bastard around my house for awhile? I dunno

Actually, if negativity were less a part of our lifes and positive thinking and speech were more the norm, aspects even different than sound would be affected. Sound is one of many influential elements.

Sound good to me Fanny...I'l start tomarrow at work. I'm startin to cuss more than I should anyways. I sounded better as a damn dub.

Btw...I liked this,

There's a reason for this little known phenomenon of nature. The singing of the birds sets up a particular sound vibration that promotes the growth of young leaves of trees, plants and flowers, so the birdsong is fairly constant all day long in the spring while the new growth is occurring.

Another reason I disregard Evolution.

Nope, Gumbmeister...no "bastids" in the house or outside either....LOL! And that's what I'm hoping to see and experience, Gumby...these positive inputs influencing our lives in a very noticeable positive way. I figure we'll start up officially next Monday to give the weekend JWDers a chance to catch this thread...plus it gives me a head start on gittin' the cussin' under control.

I think evolution of mankind is a figment of their imaginations, too, Gumby!

Good on ya, Gumbo! Glad to have you join in on this! Thanks!

Frannie

• Frannie Banannie
  • Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Something occurred to me....

Wouldn't it be very interesting to see the results in the paste or sand if the "Holy Scriptures" were read beneath the Eidophone? I wonder how much of it would result in floral patterns? How much in chaotic patterns?

Frannie

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

...thats a good idea fran

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    ...thats a good idea fran

Thanks, PD...I think it could be a real eye-opener for us all.

Fran

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

when are u gonna try it, fran?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Fran,

Interesting topic - and experiment.

I think this goes along with the concept that you can say things in a sweet voice to a cat (or dog), and they will think you are being the nicest person in the world... even though you are cussin them out. Since they don't really understand some of the words - they have to go on the 'tone' of your voice.

So, you could be saying (said in a sing-song voice) "I'm gonna rip your little head off..." the cat will purr and think "How nice!"

(And no, I'm not condoning harming animals... it's just something I learned years ago - and do - when I am playing with my animals... especially when they refuse to come to me... and no, I don't literally 'rip' their heads off. I pet them. *grin*)

There's a gal where I work who is able to pull off the 'sing song voice' thing... I laugh at her, and say... "There's that 'go to he**', voice, again!" She laughs too. But, there is more truth there than many folks realize. She will use that voice in conversations with the boss lady, and she thinks the gal is being just the sweetest thing!

In general... even if the 'experiment' doesn't seem to be 100% successful, I'm sure that folks will realize an improvement in their general well-being and life.

But - you may want to also try to eliminate 'negative' influences like the news media... which only broadcasts 'negative' stories... or would this be going to far... and missing the goal or point of the experiment?

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit