Is There Anything That You'd Like to Talk About??

by minimus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

Oh and no mini I'm not telling you my deepest darkest secrets....you couldn't handle it

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Lee,

You asked for it. I can't fathom your 'fluffy' questions. They bore me. C;mon minimus. Isn't there anything on television?

This is Shamus original reply to Minimus' open-ended question. Now really! Are you trying to say that this comment is 'rude' or as another poster puts it, 'hateful'? Do you think that Minimus himself has not said worse things to other posters?

If you believe that it is then good luck, because compared to numerous other far more aggressive comments that seem to slip by without a comment from anyone on a daily basis, it is undeniably benign. I dare say that if I wished to search the archives, I would probably find far worse comments made by those who are now so anxious to protect wee little Minimus.....lol

You admitted that your mood was a little 'off' today, why don't we just settle for that and move on.

Best regards - HS

• Xena
    Xena

I was speaking in more general terms than just this thread and shamus' last post HS....more directed toward the mindset displayed in the comments I quoted.

Xena the "other poster"

• shamus
    shamus

Lee,

You're a wonderful person. I know that you are. Having said that we are going to agree to disagree on this one.

This place is a fluffy little b.s. world.... it's a place that we've made up in our own minds. I hope that everyone understands that people are not as nice as they appear on this board.... I, personally am the most passive person you can imagine. Frankly, when people fight in real life, I stay right the hell out of it. I did get involved once,,, once. It was a learning experience. And I'm not talking of message boards.

Perhaps we all need to get the delusions of this place out of our heads here. Or maybe I'm the one that's delusional. I prefer to stick with what I know. That only the nicest part of our 'posting' personalities are shown here. I prefer to do something that is not the norm; I am truthful to myself here. If someone posts silly things, silly questions, then they are asking me to respond. I responded like I would have had it been any other poster. If people don't like to hear an answer to a question, the please, DON'T ask it. In fact, I haven't heard one peep from Minimus on this. If he's in the corner crying and sobbing, (which I highly doubt), then he needs some therapy. Why?

BECAUSE this place is not real life. It's a message board.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Shamus, you can only speak for yourself. I am far better in real life than I am on this board.

• shamus
    shamus

That's absolutely correct, Ballistic. That's the only thing that counts.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Xena,

I was speaking in more general terms than just this thread and shamus' last post HS....more directed toward the mindset displayed in the comments I quoted.

Forgive me. It must have been the use of Shamus name and *then* the focused use of the term 'you' that must have confused me

This is a portion of real life shamus because we ARE all real. You may just see the username Xena or mini with an avitar, but behind that is a person...and I don't care if you know every aspect of their lives or not, it's not nice to be rude or hateful to them, especially when they have done nothing to you to incite it other than ask a question that you don't have to answer.

See how sometimes what appears to be a rude comment, is not that at all.

Best regards - HS

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Yes.................I for one would like to be happy and positive for the rest of my life.........and live happily everafter.... But why does that SIMPLE request keep evading me? (and these feelings have nothing to do with being an xjw)

I try very hard to find it.........but after a while.......it goes away............JUST WHAT IS HAPPINESS AND WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK HAPPINESS IS?

You do everything you think is right and good.... but in the end.......things don't work out. WHY?

I'm not giving up on anything....but I am really down on life at this time. Right now.....I don't give a shit about anything! My best friend is in the hospital with very serious pneumoia and it pisses me off why he is there. He has a wonderful wife and family. He is 58 and with his emphazima.......is on oxigen 24/7...........and still smokes almost 2 packs a day.........his lungs can't handle ordinary breathing..........just like my mother was when she died in 1998. WTF?

I'm sooooooooo deep in love with a woman after many years of being alone.............but there is a 300 mile distance between us...............I'M SO DAMNED TIRED OF BEING ALONE......(even with the friends that I have here) LONLINESS SUCKS BIGTIME.

I was really thinking about OFFICALLY proposing to her at XMAS........but I am so afraid of rejection. I don't think she really wants to get married! WHY am I having feelings like this?

For God's sake........I'm 57 years old........not 17. I shouldn't be having feeling like this ..........should I?

unHappyDad (of the having a pity party class)

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

How does one RESCUE a sad.......SCREWED UP..........LONELY Saturday evening?

I'm thinking about taking up drinking again..............at least for tonight!

HappyDad

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Lady Lee,

I agree with what you said.

Even with my "innocent" posts with a direct opinion.........I have received PM's ?? me.and pointing a negative finger as to WHY I feel that way. I HATE controversy and will not reply to WHY I feel as I do about issues. Everyone has his or her opinion.......so why should they feel their opinion is the only one that matters? I say to them......GET A LIFE!

LL....thanks for being here and being one who knows what she is talking about.

HappyDAd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit