Do you remember when you first Googled "Jehovah's Witnesses"?

by Funchback 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Double post.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Now that I think about it, I've never Googled the Dubs. I stumbled upon this site while Googling something totally unrelated, 20+ years after leaving them behind. Jeez ... earlier tonight I was Googling images of 1969 AMC SC/Ramblers ... now how obscure is THAT? Do people really dig into the Dubs online?

• phil78
    phil78

Hi

This is my first post, and the first step to walking away. My life had been one confusing mess until i decided to REALY search out the truth about the religion i had been brought up in. Although reading your posts and double checking your statements has been enlightening, i still reconise that there is a long way to go. At 26, i do feel like i am starting again, but i know i can never go back. I am thankful i finally gathered the courage to google, and hope my wife will decide to join me. She doesn't know yet.

That all for now, but thanks to all who put so much research and effort into their posts.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My first "online" experience was on Prodigy back in 1992. I went to the religion section and boldly posted a message that said if anyone had questions about JWs, I'd be happy to answer them.

I remember one apostate trying to get me to think, but it didn't work. :)

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I don't think I used Google, but the search tool on the side of Internet Explorer. I was so nervous, I actually did get the sick to my stomach feeling but then I got to the support board set up by Tishie and everything was ok from there. They were all so nice and such, then I found FreeMinds and The Outreach UK with Anton's judicial committee meeting, I was hooked ever since.

• robxy
    robxy

Yes, it was a few hours ago. For 8 years (since I got my first computer) I hadn't been able to even type the words "Jehovah's Witnesses" into a search engine. Even today, as I was typing them, my pulse began racing, beads of sweat rolled down my arms, and I got lightheaded. Whew, just when you thought you were recovered!

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'll always remember that moment, I was scared to death, I was already feeling guilty for having been out of the truth for 10 years, thinking I was only going to make my situation worse by seeking out information that was not favorable to JW's organization.

I'm glad I followed thru and continued on regardless. I attribute the freedom for what's left of my life to be because of this website and others like it that have opened my eyes to the truth about " The Truth ".

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

did i hear miningco? there was a brother back then who ran the about.com website on jehovah's witnesses. including java chatroom and so on. it was closed because the elders were pressing that bro to do so. i was pretty active on that chat for a while. anyone else?

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Robxy -

I understand COMPLETELY!!

I found this site a month ago. Wanted to read more so I had to register.

At first my nick was: I_Dare because in my mind i was VERY daring to look here...!!!

I changed it (thank you, Simon!!) to Aude_Sapere.

Meaning 'Dare to Know. Dare to have knowledge/wisdom.' Welcome to the Board :-)

• one
    one

LOL, i need to read this thread again sometime... and relate it to cults, fear, mind control etc

How could we be so stupid...

1995, no google yet, and as most here scare to death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit