Do you remember when you first Googled "Jehovah's Witnesses"?

by Funchback 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I was researching the word/name Jehovah on the web and googled Jehovah. At the time I was an apostate and didnt know it. The first site that caught my attention was Jehovah's Witnesses: Watchers of the Watchtower World.

Then I looked at the url, freeminds.org. Oh this is one of those apostate sites. Clicked on it for a laugh, and supprisingly got one from Randy's bethel stories. I think Garybus had some stories on there too. From there I linked to JWD from his net soup, great page if you wanna look at it. http://www.freeminds.org/souparchives.htm

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

This will probably sound silly - but I'd just finished reading ''The DaVinci Code'' and it got me curious as to, well, The Last Supper Pic etc....I stumbled on this site. I started to read. ''Nutters, bound to be'', I thought. Read some more. I recognised soooooooo much - identified with so much. All those feelings I had as a ''child'' and young adult (one day I promise)...rest history - the Lord DOES move in mysterious ways - I thought I was alone in my feelings. Thanks ALL.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The Boston Mass Copley Place Library in 1995 had 6 Internet connected PC's that often went unused because they were useless.

Slow page loads and frequent disconnects and i could tell when the west coast kids got out of school because the whole system would come crashing down.

I thought to myself (and so did the rest of the library's patrons) the card index is faster.

Meanwhile i am meeting with Steve Hassan's cult support group and picketing the street corners weekly with my anti watchtower picket signs.

Steve and the gang are saying,"Danny we will get em on the internet".David Reed is solicting my JW life story and sez's "he wants to scan and put up on the internet".

"I told them all that the crazy internet is going nowhere".

• Emma
    Emma
    rabid foaming at the mouth apostates

Yup, that's us! The wts does a great job of putting fear of "apostates" into their members. I think we're even more scary than deemonz.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I remember it. It was the the first week I had purchased my computer, lol. Ended up clicking on the "Official Website of Ex- Jehovah's Witnesses". I wrote the webholder a nasty email telling him how he should be ashamed of himself. haha.

After a year or so I started reading up on Timothy Campbell's website "Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses". I still think that's the most concise ex- dub website. No frills just straight up, unarguable facts. I felt so freaked out at times, thinking about deemonz and shit. I tried to push all the doubts away, put my head down and just keep going to meetings. Read Ray's books and DA'ed. Things from then on have just gotten better and better, but I never want to forget how tough it was to leave.

GBL

• Sassy
    Sassy

I remember searching on Jehovahs Witnesses and Personals.. I found a forum that actually shut down about 6 months later after being told to.. they were legit JWs.. I also found H2o... and I posted there a little but since I was looking for a 'brother' I never read the doctrine stuff.. and didn't know I was mixing in with 'gasp' apostates

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit