No KHalls for Hurricane relief

by SadElder 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

My mom-in-law (50+ years a JW) boasted how her KH was collecting funds for the hurricane victims down south.

So I asked "Is that for ALL the hurricane victims or just the JWs"

She replied "The brothers and sisters, of course"

I said "Not very Christian-like to EXCLUDE other victims, don't ya think?"

No reply.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I invite anybody who has proof that the society has no intentions of helping people

to post on profind, this site is dedicated to unbiased opinions of diffrent topics

http://www.profindpages.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard//topic.cgi?forum=13&topic=29

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Well Poztate - I know you must be joking... because most of this thread has been about JWs taking refuge in the KHs - not non-JWs.

I know the policy is to take care of JW's only.Caring for your fellow man (woman) non dub has never been at the top of the list for them.

Imagine for a moment...if they kept a KH or any other building open after a hurricane..etc and DID NOT OFFER help to anyone other than a fellow DUB.the S**T would hit the fan. Try telling that story on CNN. Yes...you can get help at the local KH but ONLY if you show your BLOOD CARD first.

The easy way for LEGAL to get out of this is to DENY help to anyone...Pretend there is no problem and it will go away POLICY FOR ALL THINGS....GARBAGE RELIGION..

• heathen
    heathen

Some good points being made here. The WTBTS likes to use the good samaritan story as much as anyone but it appears they don't like to apply it in these situations . This could have been an excellent chance for them to convert people by showing some compassion . What a bunch of self centered jerks they are .

• Flash
    Flash

If the 'Letter' is real, then it's a revealing look at who the Witnesses have become. They are now what they fear most...Apostates!

• SadElder
    SadElder

I asked one of my elder friends to try and get me a copy of the letter. He's not secretary anymore so we'll see what he comes up with in the next few days.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Sheesh! ... More new light...?

Love,

ESTEE

• Gozz
    Gozz

Soo, where's the letter?

• abbagail
    abbagail

This was such a luscious juicy thread! Having spent the last six weeks here in Hurricane Alley glued to the TV weather and 'hunkering down' through three 'canes, I actually thought of my former KH and wondered if all the dubs were holed-up there as it was a full brick building with NO WINDOWS, of course, lol, perfect for a hurricane! And a large brick "AssHall" (LOL!) nearby as well.

"You can't come in w/o a blood card," comment, lol! So true.

Remember, when the Big A comes, aren't all JWs supposed to report to the KH to 'enter into the interior rooms until the denunciation passes over"? I guess insurance won't be a concern then. ;-/ The 'anointed lawyers' and GB will have been 'taken up' and will leave the peon-dubs to fend for themselves, as usual.

Enjoyed the nostalgia described by Jim_TX. The first congo I attended in Colorado in the late 70s did SEEM to be 'human' like that as well. It was a Night & Day difference between there and here.

/ag

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    I said "Not very Christian-like to EXCLUDE other victims, don't ya think?"

Nawwww ... G Hoover will provide if He chooses. No sense tying up Dub resources on those folks, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit