No KHalls for Hurricane relief

by SadElder 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44
    Kingdom Halls should not be used for relief efforts or for shelters. Liability and insurance issues were stated as the reason.

Spoken like the true CORPORATION they are!

Yes, please get that letter and post it!

--VM44

• kls
    kls

They do think folks are really stupid,,,,,BULL SPIT

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

house of god huh..

i remember as a kid churches around where i lived kept their doors unlocked in case someone needed shelter. always baffled me that the kh was always locked tight as a drum. i wonder if churches still stay unlocked.. anyone know?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Trust the JWs to help out whenever necessary - a hurricane on the gulf coast? Quick, send more lawyers.

• Dolllie
    Dolllie

The Kingdom Hall, if it can not be used as a "shelter", SHOULD provide a shelter somewhere else.... rent a building???

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think the society insures some of it's own buildings. Does anyone know who insures the khalls?

S

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> i wonder if churches still stay unlocked.. anyone know?

When I was a kid I walked up to some church in town (small country town) and tried to open it. It was locked.

Hardly definitive evidence one way or the other, but wuddaya gonna do. This is the same church I eventually went to for Methodist Youth Fellowship, sort of an after school play time for teens. We ran around, made out in the pews, played "piano wars" by banging on the piano, and stole some stuff.

Sounds like UNlocking the door was the mistake.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I have to back the WTBTS on this one. People might come in injured and bleeding to the KH...But they claim it was because they slipped on the steps coming into the hall and are know going to SUE the WTBTS.

As we all know with the back log of lawsuits...clild molesting..etc the WT does not have extra cash for lawsuits to help those people.

We also know that at most the WT believes they only have a few weeks or months left before the big one (A) so why waste time and money on them when god's going to kill them anyway.

They other thing is worldy people have NO RESPECT.They will leave blood and mud all over the KH not thinking some poor SISTER will have to clean it up thereby neglecting her field service time.

The last point is they might try and STEAL WT and AWAKE mags without puting in the suggested (donation) for them.

Me and SOJ stand united on this issue.

Poz.

• lawrence
    lawrence

That's why we should all press for them to get taxed like any other business.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well Poztate - I know you must be joking... because most of this thread has been about JWs taking refuge in the KHs - not non-JWs.

That means that the JWs are not willing to look after their own - like they used to brag about.

Oh... and forget the local KHs - what about them there large Assembly Halls that they are now building? Surely they could spread the word to all of the JW refugees and tell them to head for a designated AssHall near them.

Let's face it. The 'modern' WTBTS is not really concerned about the welfare of its' members. Too bad - when they also will hit them up for funds at the next meeting - or assy - or whatever - to push their 'preaching work', or pay for the electric at those fancy asshalls.

If they were smart - they would take care of their 'worker bees'. Happy worker bees make more book sales.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit