No KHalls for Hurricane relief

by SadElder 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie
    The locals pay the mortgage, do the repairs and remodeling, but the Society owns the deed. Nice scam!

Just a sidepoint, the congregation that holds the territory that the KH is in, legally "holds the deed" if it is paid for. Only if that congregation is dissolved, does the property revert to the WTS. This is how nonprofit organizations work. If the WTS (or a bank) loaned money to the congregation and the congregation has not paid it back completely, that is different. I know this because a congregation in my area owned some land that the WTS wanted them to sell and donate to another congregation to build their hall. The congregation would not and there was nothing the WTS could do legally. Told to me by an elder in the congregation.

Remember, when the Big A comes, aren't all JWs supposed to report to the KH to 'enter into the interior rooms until the denunciation passes over"?

Actually, the WTS has adjusted this to mean the congregation (people) as opposed to KH (building).

*** w03 6/1 p. 16 "Do Not Be Afraid or Be Terrified" ***

They will continue to find strength and protection in association with the more than 94,600 congregations around the world. (Isaiah 26:20)

(since more than 1 congregation meets in some KHs, it doesn't mean the buildings)

w01 11/15 p. 11 Jehovah Shows Us How to Count Our Days ***

We enjoy spiritual security because, figuratively speaking, Jehovah is "a real dwelling" for us. He also provides "interior rooms"?likely linked closely with the congregations of his people?as spiritual havens, where loving shepherds contribute greatly to our sense of security. (Isaiah 26:20; 32:1, 2; Acts 20:28, 29)

w98 8/15 p. 19 Strengthening Our Confidence in God?s Righteousness ***

In the near future, the greatest time of tribulation ever to strike the human race will break forth suddenly. (Matthew 24:21) When it does, servants of God will need as never before to display confidence in Jehovah?s righteousness and in the direction provided by his organization. In a symbolic way, they will then confidently obey God?s injunction: "Go, my people, enter into your interior rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for but a moment until the denunciation passes over." (Isaiah 26:20) Already they have entered into the protective atmosphere of over 85,000 congregations in 232 lands. Whatever may additionally be included in the injunction "enter into your interior rooms," we can be confident that Jehovah will help us to carry it out.

*** Isaiah Prophecy Book-1 chap. 21 p. 283 Jehovah?s Hand Becomes High ***

Today, the "interior rooms" of this prophecy could be closely linked with the tens of thousands of congregations of Jehovah?s people around the world. Such congregations will continue to play a key role in our lives, even through "the great tribulation." (Revelation 7:14) How vital that we maintain a wholesome attitude toward the congregation and regularly associate with it!?Hebrews 10:24, 25.

The letter shows that Legal is in control of the WTS, just like the legalistic lawyers, the Pharisees of Jesus' time.

I wonder where the Florida JWs staged their building programs? Some brother's home? I wonder about his insurance/liability.

Blondie

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

During this hurricane season, and speaking from experience with hurricane Charley, the WTBTS is taking excellent care of its members. Too bad is for members only, though.

We've received plenty, plenty, plenty of food and supplies. The WTBTS is also rebuilding our homes, for a small donation of what the materials cost.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

And adding to my previous statement, I must say that if every religion or social institutions took as good care of its members in times of need as the WTBTS has, the Government and entities such as the Red Cross or the Salvation Army wouldn't carry such a heavy burden.

I'm so pleased with their performance in that regard that I will send a nice donation to their Disaster Relief Fund.

DY

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    The WTBTS is also rebuilding our homes, for a small donation of what the materials cost.

Why should you donate? (you were struck by disaster)

When the red cross and local church helped me they did not solicid donations from me!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The Red Cross and the Salvation Army, although not at the time they're providing help, but nevertheless they DO request donations and organize events that bring in donations. Let's not be naive about it.

And yes, people should contribute because in many cases, such as in mine, our home insurance is paying a much higher premium than what the work is going to cust us.

DY

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

You can't compare those organizations with the WT because they DO NOT SOLICIT from people

that just got through a DISASTER!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Believe you me, I've seen them in action here in Southwest Florida. The Red Cross, the Salvation Army, and other organizations do ask for donations. And so they should! People's donations is being put to excellent use.

DY

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

They ask for donations.... of course!

But, do they ask when things are normal? Or to the people they are helping?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I remember when I got hit by a hurricane, that I got:

a big plastic tub, couple bottles of bleach, cleaning soluctions, and towels. I can't

recall the organization, but I remember that even though these items cost very

little, they were helpful to keep hygienic..... They also gave written educational

material on how to stay safe this way!

You can't compare the WT way to these guys! (WT way.... Left hand out to you, while Right hand extended waiting to receive from you!)

Yes, and I'm a Jehovar

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I can see and experience that the WTBTS is doing extremelly well by its members in this time of hurricane need. As I stated before, it's only too bad that the benefits are for members only.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit