How Many Hours Do You Work?

by Englishman 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I think an easier question for me would be, how many hours do I sleep?

Ok here goes.

16 hours a week at school

10 hours a week at work study program-working in the library

39 hours 1st week of student employment

40 hours 2nd week of student employment- so that I won't have the full time hours of 80 hrs for 2 weeks

School should be consided a part of work too....so for 65 hours (1st week) I'm working and for 66 hours the next week I'm working.......So I get to squeeze in a few hours of sleep in there somewhere too....

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

40-45 hours a week...sometimes i get a lunc, sometimes not. 8:00 am thru 5:00 pm.

the way my budget is though, i might be looking for more hours. maybe the 60-70 area...

• pratt1
    pratt1

I work about 50 hours a week in the office, another 15 - 20 entertaining clients. Monday - Friday.

I get 4 weeks vacation, unlimited sick time (that I never use) and 5 personal days.

I try not to work on the weekends.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Englishman -- happy to see you're back in the land of better health.

I think Corp. America has taken lessons from the Watchtower. U.S. workers can't seem to do enough, and if one is not careful, the job might be shipped to a 3-world labor market (careful or not, it still happens). Many need to work two or more jobs in order to eke out a living, with no health insurance, etc. Under the best working conditions, U.S. workers are happy to only work 40-hours a week. Many are expected to work 6 or more days a week, thus their work week might be over 50 hours on a regular schedule.

I work in a college setting; 8:30 to 4 or 5:00, four days a week. However, I'm doing an evening class this semester, and don't leave campus until after 9:00 P.M. one evening. But again, my schedule is atypical for most American workers.

Michael

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Officially 20 hours a week - to fill in whenever I like it.

Working at home - (or acting so)

Most of the time, my work has been done in far less time. (but sometimes (once in two years ?)- when there is an emergency - I need far more time)

• Princess
    Princess

We run a service plumbing company from home. I usually schedule Steve's first appointment at 10am. He is home between 5 and 6. We take some emergency calls in the evenings and weekends but not often unless it's a regular customer with an emergency. The only time he works after hours heavily is when we've had severe weather and the phone rings non stop with freeze breaks.

I am home answering the phone and keeping the books. I'm up at 6am, read for an hour before waking the kids and Steve, then I start making breakfast and lunch and get everyone off to school or work, answering the phone all the while. I pretty much don't stop working around the house or in my office until the kids go to bed at 7:30.

We pick the slow times during the year for vacations. The phone stops ringing a few days before Christmas until after New Year. We like being out of town then. Again the week of April 15 (tax day in USA). We take a week to ten days in the summer and lots of three day weekends throughout the year....all unpaid.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I work approxately 45 hours a week

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

It all depends on my work load,

between 55-70 hours/week.

Running two different companies.

Vacation: Don't have regular vacation. If work is slow (at least every 4 weeks)

I travel anywhere in the world depending on the ticket price not location.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well I work for a US company in the UK, and I get the full month off per year and 35 hour week, however my American collegues get paid about twice as much.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I work mon-fri 7:00am to 5:30pm w/ 1/2 hour lunch and every other saturday from 7:00am till 12:00am. I get no sick leave, 9 paid holidays and 2 weeks vacation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit