How Many Hours Do You Work?

by Englishman 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

I do accounting/purchasing for a company that specializes in natural stone products (granite, marble, etc) New Castles.

• Atilla
    Atilla

It all depends, in the summer anywhere from 30 to 40 hours. I work in the service industry so I can always pick up more hours or just take the entire week off. Now that school is back in session, I still work the 30 to 40 hours a week on T TH F Sa Sun, and on M W F I'm at school all day which I consider work, so right now I would say like 100 hours a week.

I guess that's what I get for being raised a dub. However, in another 2 years both my wife and I should be teaching and in the process having more time to enjoy life. Hooray.

• mysterio91
    mysterio91

I work from 7am to 4:30pm Mon-Fri... with every other Friday off. I have a half hour lunch break. 15 vacation days a year, and 7 sick/misc personal days. 7 paid holidays.

• bem
    bem

My schedule fits the kids school year schedule.During school 2:45 to 7:30. till 10:00 on Friday evenings.

Summer hours 9:00 to 5:30. During fundrasing events no schedule work day-light to dark. No vacations,No sick days, Been at this job two years... Thinking it's time for a new job.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

I´m my own slave. I usually work about 60-90h/week. On the other hand I take 4-10 weeks of vacation, depending if there´s money for it or not.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I work 9-5 M-F at my main job and get 4 weeks of vacation time, about 7 or 8 holidays and 5 sick days. Then I also have a second job (small business) and work about 5-6 hours a week with it. I'm also back in school - only 1 class this semester.

This is the first job I've had where I get more than 1 or 2 weeks of vacation. And I love it - but its also kind of like velvet handcuffs. I can't leave even if I want to!!

• Netty
    Netty

I'm one of those very lucky people, I have worked for City Government now for 18 years. I have managed to work myself into the ideal position, good pay, very flexible part time schedule. I work a 20 hour work week, and can adjust and work my hours around my kids school and activities. I worked hard to get here though.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

too many really -- 08.00 - 7.00 pm - and I often go in on Saturdays too

• Valis
    Valis

I work on campus and online so my hours aren't always set in stone, except 4:30-8:30 AM Monday and Wednesday nights when I am in class..otherwise I work at home and have my own discussion boards and a chat room that chimes for me when the students enter, so I can goof off around the house at my liesure.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• desib77
    desib77

I telecommute but have to work my regular office hours. I work 8 to 5 Mon. - Fri.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit