Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie

by Farkel 747 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Farkel
    Farkel

Leolaia,

Your post on this page, #16373 (of your posts) is a blockbuster in itself! You never disappoint us! That deserves a thread of its own. The Watchtower lies and corruption never cease and even more than three quarters of Century later are getting revealed thanks to awesome people like you.

I am one of your biggest fans, and I don't say that very much to anyone.

(I still would like to see you do your bullet-point summary, though. I think it will do great good for the current generation who has an attention span about as long as it takes a fly to mate with another fly or about as long as it takes to tweet to someone, whatever THAT means!)

Farkel, Really Old School CLASS

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That's an excellent idea Farkel! :) I will definitely have to do that sometime, hopefully in the near future. I still have some really interesting things in the queue I'd like to post here first, including something about the Heaths that should be of interest to anyone who is a JW. But yes, the time has come for a point-by-point evaluation, maybe in the style of Cecil Adams. And thanks for your awesome compliments about my research. But to a great extent, this is due to the efforts of Google, Ancestry.com, and the many people out there in the world who are putting all this historical info on the internet. This just goes to show how much the internet has changed things.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Farkel:

There is not one reader in 10,000 that will read this entire thread.

Count me as reader # 10,001, then!

I'm loving this thread, and I agree with Farkel - would love to see your wonderful research bullet-pointed for simplicity, Miss Leo.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hi Leo,

I came across an interesting article today in the Tampa Tribune, dated June 25, 1939, which mentions William Heath at the end of the article. It is entitled: "Riot Breaks Up Jehovah's Witnesses New York Meeting."

"NEW YORK, June 23--A meeting of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (Jehovah's Witnesses) in Madison Square Garden broke up in a riot late today after a speaker's charge that the Catholic church supports Hitler.

"J.R. Rutherford, head of the society, inadvertently set off the riot when he allegedly said that 'the Catholic church, no matter what anybody tells, you supports Hitler.' Some one yelled 'You're a liar' and fighting started in the balcony, spreading quickly to all parts of the garden, which held a crowd of about 18,000 persons.

"Eggs were hurled, and canes and fists were swung. Black eyes and bloody noses were numerous but only eight persons required medical treatment. Frances Kilkenny, 14, suffered an injured left arm and head and body bruises. Alfred Colengelo, 28, was arrested as her assailant and charged with felonious assault.

"Police restored order.

"Of the other five arrested one was William Heath, 34, said by police to be Rutherford's secretary. He was charged with felonious assault.

"Most of the crowd were followers of Rutherford, but there were a few who heckled him from the beginning."

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hi Leo,

I came across an interesting article today in the Tampa Tribune, dated June 25, 1939, which mentions William Heath at the end of the article. It is entitled: "Riot Breaks Up Jehovah's Witnesses New York Meeting."

"NEW YORK, June 23--A meeting of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (Jehovah's Witnesses) in Madison Square Garden broke up in a riot late today after a speaker's charge that the Catholic church supports Hitler.

"J.R. Rutherford, head of the society, inadvertently set off the riot when he allegedly said that 'the Catholic church, no matter what anybody tells, you supports Hitler.' Some one yelled 'You're a liar' and fighting started in the balcony, spreading quickly to all parts of the garden, which held a crowd of about 18,000 persons.

"Eggs were hurled, and canes and fists were swung. Black eyes and bloody noses were numerous but only eight persons required medical treatment. Frances Kilkenny, 14, suffered an injured left arm and head and body bruises. Alfred Colengelo, 28, was arrested as her assailant and charged with felonious assault.

"Police restored order.

"Of the other five arrested one was William Heath, 34, said by police to be Rutherford's secretary. He was charged with felonious assault.

"Most of the crowd were followers of Rutherford, but there were a few who heckled him from the beginning."

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

So still no confirmed photo of Berta??????

The princess looks like rutherford to me.....

MTM

• lepavoux
    lepavoux

TO LEOLAIA,

Good photos of Bonnie Boyd, do you want to tell us where you got them,or is that private?

Maurice Le Pavoux.

• TheSnarkyApologist
    TheSnarkyApologist

Someone asked if the women can be identified as Bonnie and her mother in this picture...

It's GOT to be Bonnie. Sorry, if this was already noticed...

• PaintedToeNail
  • moshe
    moshe

It appears that an elderly Frances Kilkenny may still be alive in Arizona- zabasearch says 91, about 5 years too old, but the newspaper could have gotten her age wrong. Would she remember the assembly brawl that got her hurt?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit