Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie

by Farkel 747 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have a full ancestry.com account -- I bet I can dig up some stuff.

• minimus
    minimus

Now Farkel, don't go there. I asked a very simple question. There were quite a few interesting tidbits about the 3. But other than a titillating review of hearsay, I don't think anyone's nailed Rutherford. Do I think he was everything that you've suggested here? Yup. But I don't see clear "evidence" of anything immoral that Rutherford did. BTW, YOU are one who is always looking for facts and evidence. I hope that you can see that your "expose' " doesn't really prove anything.

• gumby
    gumby

I always knew that tall, lanky, red-nosed, ostrich faced, lying bastard had that "i like ta get nasty with women" look about him. That little prick!

Seriously....why wouldn't that man play nasty with his little chick? He was ruthless, smoked,(cigars) drank, lied, and stole. What's a little nooky on the side for a swine like that?

Great work Farkle.......and thank you Larc for allowing this to be exposed. Perhaps it will help lurkers to see the WTBTS wasn't such a wise virgin afterall in 1919 onward as Shotgun mentioned.

Gumby

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

: There were quite a few interesting tidbits about the 3. But other than a titillating review of hearsay, I don't think anyone's nailed Rutherford.

If a full confession to relatives and an elder body by an old lady won't convince you, I guess I don't know what will. You've made your opinion, so let it be. Otherwise, it will look like you are trying to hijack this thread.

Farkel

• VM44
    VM44

Hi blondie

His stuff is basically the same few concepts over and over and over strewn with a few scriptures.

Perhaps you could summarize these concepts? It would be interesting to see what Rutherford emphasized over and over again.

--VM44

• blondie
    blondie

VM, I'm putting together some highlights, trends, buzzwords, and doctrinnal backtracking in the Vindication series. When life is a little slower in the winter, I will start a series and invite comments from those who have read those books too. I find it amazing how he bulldozes through his ideas and how you can see the battle he had with the old time Bible Students still around then.

Trinity buzzword: Religion, Big Business, Politics

The comments about the League and Christendom are much more bold and condemning than now.

Blondie

• VM44
    VM44

Hi minimus

But I don't see clear "evidence" of anything immoral that Rutherford did

The trouble was, and still is, that anyone who knew anything kept quiet! Perhaps it was to avoid shame, or embarrasment, or they figured what was the use of saying anything. So nothing was said, and that just helped to sweep things under the rug, which is just the way the Watchtower liked it.

Over time, as people who knew the facts die off, the Watchtower will be able to say ANYTHING it likes about Rutherford! They are already doing it now, saying that he was a strong, gentle, humble, kind man. No one is around to contest what they say.

The time is now to get what testimony is still available. and to publish it!

--VM44

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I found 'em! Just like magic!

The 1930 census lists Mr. Alfred L. Peale and Mrs. Berta L. Peale living in Cuyahoga Falls, Summit, Ohio. The census states that Alfred was a native of New Jersey, while Berta was a native of North Carolina. This confirms a bunch of things from Farkel's post. Also: both of Berta's parents were born in North Carolina. Berta's age at last birthday is given as 27. This would point to 1902-1903 as the date she was born. Her age at her first marriage is given as 20. Alfred was a machinist at a rubber factory and was 38 years old at his last birth day.

I have a copy of the census image if anyone wants it.

• VM44
    VM44

blondie,

Trinity buzzword: Religion, Big Business, Politics

don't forget also Rutherford's favorite rant, The Roman Catholic Hierarchy!

Look forward to reading your series on this.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

Leolaia,

I want it!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit