Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie

by Farkel 747 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Athanasius....It's possible that your friend simply knew her as Bonnie's sister, but the convergence between the 1920 census, the 1930 census, the Social Security Death Index, and the New York Times obituary pretty much establishes the fact that she was her sister-in-law. Unless she married into her own family when she married William P. Heath, Jr.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thisis awesome amazing research.If the links can be made - almost beyond belief - almost

I just finished packing up my desktop and all my digital info and all the books have been packed up for a couple of weeks. Otherwise I think I would be up all night doing some research.

At least with the laptop I can follow along

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Leolaia,

Barbara Harrison in Visions of Glory mentions Bonnie Boyd and William J (sic) Heath on pages 147 and 148, but only in connection with the Moyle trial. Penton likewise mentions Heath and Bonnie in reference to the Moyle case. Macmillan doesn't say anything about them. The copy of Schnell's 30 Years a Watch Tower Slave that I have doesn't have an index and it has been several years since I read it. However, I don't recall Schnell mentioning the Heaths.

By the way, does anyone have a picture of Bonnie and William Heath?

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I wonder if the William H Black mentioned in Leolaia's research as a brother of Eugene R Black III and son of Eugene R Black, Jr is the same as the William Heath Black that this site ( www.namebase.org/main1/Eugene-Robert-Black.html ) says is mentioned on p.518 of The House of Morgan by R. Chernow? (Named after a favorite uncle perhaps?) And is this/are these the same as the person mentioned here on the SEC site?...

SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
    Washington, D.C.

Litigation Release No. 17511 / May 8, 2002

United States v. William H. Black, et al., No. 1:00CR15 SPM (N.D. Fla.)

FORMER PROFESSIONAL SPORTS AGENT WILLIAM H. "TANK" BLACK SENTENCED TO 60 MONTHS IN PRISON AND ORDERED TO PAY $12 MILLION IN RESTITUTION FOLLOWING PARALLEL CRIMINAL PROSECUTION

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Here's an interesting sidenote on Eugene R. Black Jr's grandfather William Woodfin Grady:

In addition to being the editor of the Atlanta Constitution in the 1880s he was "a member of the Atlanta Ring of democratic political leaders...used his office and influence to promote a New South program of northern investment, southern industrial growth, diversified farming, and white supremacy."

He also supported Henry D McDaniels nomination for governor...leading me to wonder if there is possibly a chance that this is the same McDaniels that Rutherford's sister Salena "Lena" married, but I imagine that's just too much to hope for, one of those pesky meaningless coincidences.

There is a Henry Dickinson McDaniels (1836-1926) of Georgia, a lawyer, but that is all I've been able to find so far.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Merry,

Regarding Rutherford's sister Lena, she was also a Bible Student. However, she died in Sedalia, Missouri on September 8, 1924 so she never became a JW. She was married to A. J. "Jack" McDaniel. I don't have an exact date for their marriage. But the November 10, 1887 Morgan County Leader in reporting the marriage of her younger sister, Flora to Thomas B. Chism says: "Miss Lena Rutherford and Jack McDaniel as attendants made their appearance, and moved slowly down the aisle and in front of the altar." I will have to do more research, but I think Lena and Jack were married the following year.

Lena's full name was Selena May Rutherford and she was born on April 7, 1863 in Versailles, Missouri.

Though Joseph Rutherford was very active in Democratic Party politics as a young man I don't think there is a connection between Lena's husband Jack McDaniel and Henry D. McDaniels of Georgia. However, because of the connections he made within the Democratic Party Rutherford may have been acquainted with Henry McDaniels.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Thanks for that, Athanasius! Every wild goose I can stop chasing helps the actual search.

I imagine you already have it, but if you want any info on JFR's sister Anna Neville's husband and his father, I have a little bit gleaned from the internet.

--Merry

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Leolaia--

I don't yet know the outcome of the 23 May 1933 Impeachment Charges against ER Black, Sr and others, but I do know that he resigned from the Board of the Federal Reserve Bank on 15 August 1934, having only held that position since May 1933.

see www.biblebelievers.org.au/acountry3.htm for the impeachment charges in full and

www.federalreserve.gov/bios/boardmembership.htm for a listing of Mr. Black's time there.

--Merry

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

What was Mr. Black doing before and after serving on the Board of the Federal Reserve Bank, you might ask?

He was only the President of the dang thing. 2 Terms: 13 January 1928 - 8 May 1933 and 16 August 1934 - 19 December 1934 (when he died).

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

gosh-be-dangit, I'm such a dork and can't even seem to edit out my own mistakes. Try again...

Before and after Mr. Black was on the Federal Reserve Board, he was president of the Federal Reserve Bank, same dates as above.

GOVERNORS AND PRESIDENTS OF
    THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF ATLANTA

GOVERNORSTERM OF OFFICE
    Joseph A. McCordOctober 19, 1914, to January 10, 1919
    Maximilian B. WellbornMarch 1, 1919, to January 1, 1928
    Eugene R. BlackJanuary 13, 1928, to May 19, 1933, when he resigned to serve as chairman of the Federal Reserve Board in Washington. Resigned Board chairmanship effective August 15, 1934. Was reappointed governor of the Atlanta Fed effective August 16, 1934

--Merry (of the not-getting-enough-sleep class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit