Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie

by Farkel 747 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• larc
    larc

Earnest, as Farkel pointed out, Bonnie's testemony regarding Berta's background is very weak and vague. She claims that Berta was a dietician in Ohio, but was unemployed. I find that pecular. Either Bonnie lied to exagerate Berta's credentials, or she was simply ignorant of the facts. Berta was never a dietician in Ohio. Miscelaneous: (1) Berta came to Bethel in June of 1938. This information is in the divorce papers. (2) When Bonnie said that she knew Berta for 10 years, she may have referring to the time up until the trial. I don't know when Berta became a Bible student, so I can't say when Berta and Bonnie became friends.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Earnest....Thanks for commenting on this thread; I appreciate your perspective and input quite a bit. What could verify Bonnie's age is if I can find her in the 1920 census, which would provide more data on this question. I haven't yet found her though, and I'm not use if her birth name was also "Bonnie". Does anyone have a locality where she was born or grew up, or names of other relatives? With that data, I would stand a better chance in finding an earlier record for her -- which could then corroborate or disconfirm the age given in the 1930 census. BTW, did her association with Rutherford go back to 1920 or was this before she met him? If the former, I may have to go back to the 1910 census.

BTW, I noticed that my picture server, pixfiles.net, took offline my picture of the 1930 census of Rutherford and Bonnie. That really sucks. Is there anyone who has more stable picture space on another server and would like to host the picture, or knows of a free picture server that has more permanent storage? If I uploaded it to JWD, it would use up all my miniscule space. But I would like to post this image again to this thread.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Farkel...I have to say that this is what I always love about researching. It is my passion in life...always a very fun adventure to discover new insights in an inadequately documented subject.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Excellent discussion, and great research.

to all.

Craig

• larc
    larc

Berta was born in Pitt county N.C. In 1914, the family lived in Evertts N.C. In 1915 they lived in Edgecombe county. It appears that they moved back to Pitt ccounty by 1920.

• larc
    larc

Lady Lee, I do not know the nature of the mental problems of family members, except for my mother. Carrie spent most of her life in a state mental hospital, so I never saw her. I did not know the cousin, and George died before I was born. George's problems may be of a different nature. My grandfather once told me that George got kicked in the head by a horse when he was a boy, and a piece of his brain fell out. So, neurelogical impairment may have been a major factor in his case. Regarding the family, they were all kind, gentle people, so I see no signs childhood abuse affecting them.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Could Rutherford have purposely manipulated circumstances so that the Bonnie person would fall in love with this Heath character because Bonnie was getting a little possessive of him and he needed to distract her attentions? I don't know... just throwing that into the mix.

Country Girl

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

larc...I was talking about Bonnie, not Berta. Anyone have info on where Bonnie was born and grew up and names of her relatives?

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Leolaia, Just a thought - would Bonnie Boyd's and William Heath's marriage record in Las Vegas,NV give any needed information - such as where she was born, etc? Zazu (larc's wife).

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, I bet it would, or maybe the info is in the Moyle case. Anyone have access to the marriage record, Farkel, or anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit