What grammatical errors bug you the most?

by poppers 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

ohhhhhh ahhhh Farkel. What an incredible point you made in a fluff thread.

What the hell did you expect to happen in a fluff thread except fluff.

Now quit yer belly achin and make your serious points in serious threads. For gawd's sake man you've been around long enough on these boards to understand this basic point.

Fluff = fluff does not equal serious dogma issues

Serious Dogma is often redirected into fluff

BTW when is the next piano concerto going to be released?

But seriously, your friend

Uzzah

• Farkel
    Farkel

Uzzah,

I had a perfectly good point going about the location of the comma in that Bible verse. I did. Nobody got it, or at least nobody commented about it.

Since I can't write or communicate worth a crap, I'll go back to my Rachmaninoff. Screw it! :)

If I can't communicate worth a shit, at least I will practice and play the piano not worth a shit, too. Such is my lot in life. I'm a strong believer in equality when it comes to lack of talent in every endeavor.

[Edit] life.

Farkel, of the un-Talented but trying CLASS

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I thought I was the only one that got peeved over the "your/you're" thing.

God, it must be hell for non-native English speakers to see Americans type.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Farkel,

I noticed and enjoyed your post. I had heard this discussed before, but you gave a easy to understand explantion. I did not comment on it b/c, I didn't feel I had anything significant to add. Also, even while I was an active JWS, I was not very interested in studying , I just wanted to underline the WT. I have grown as a person since then, but I find I get brain strain from the trying to figure out how the WTS could take the Bible and twist it so. I get headaches from remembering the Babylon the Great book studies (was it 3 or 4 times we went through it?) I did not understand most of it then, and still do not.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, I ALWAYS enjoy your posts. You are brilliant, but then you know that.

• Mac
    Mac
    What grammatical errors bug you the most?

Mine

mac, never met a pedant I liked class

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Nobody got it, or at least nobody commented about it.

I did. I enjoyed it. Never thought about it. Never worried about it. I guess I never worried about heaven before I stopped worrying about the Bible altogether, eh? But a good point to raise with the dubs next time they knock...

Oh yes. If you come into my store and order an "expresso" brownie or a frappucino with an extra shot of "expresso" I will spit on you. It's "espresso." THERE IS NO X!!!! Where do you get the X from? It's spelled with S!

CZAR

• Pole
    Pole
    Wednesday - I can accept misspelled words much more easily than improper grammer.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Fark-

You need to learn to chill out

I pointed out the ONE punctuation error that destoys the entire foundation of the WTS religion and NO one makes a single comment about it on this thread?

People go blithely along and spout their crap about grammar, and just don't get it?

I must be dealing with either the most clueless people on this earth, or just plain idiots.

Sorry, idiots. I'm just ranting about you being clueless idiots who are so worried about grammar you can't see a punctuation error that defines Watchtower dogma. Sorry for being so forthright.

What flaver do you like for your shampoo you babbling, clueless geniuses?

So what if there is not someone that comments on your every post? What you said made sense, I've seen that argument before; but not commenting on it does not make me an idiot or clueless. Personally, I just got my posting limits reduced, and don't always waste a post to say, "good point". I throw out the occasional back pat, but my few allotted posts are precious.

I know these words will set back the progress we've recently made, but I'm not very receptive to someone that calls me an idiot, surely you understand.

Go back and read your post now that time has passed. Don't you feel like you overreacted?

Fuck life.

That statement makes me sad..

It isn't kind to cultivate a friendship just so one will have an audience
    ~Lawana Blackwell
    Czar-
    Expresso, can be spelled with an X..
    why is this red?!?!?
  • Pole
    Pole

Frakel,

Why? Because if Jesus said "truly I say to you today" one has to wonder when speaking in the present tense how could Jesus say something to that guy on the execution thingy at ANY OTHER time than "today" when he was speaking to him at that very moment? Could one say, "truly I tell you yesterday," or say "truly I tell you tomorrow?" NO!

That could be interpreted either way if we depend on the wording only. Of course it is redundant to say "I say to you today" as opposed to "I say to you, today something will happen". But language is full of such redundancies.

For example, you could claim that Jesus' saying "I say to you" was redundant by itself. If you say something to somebody, you don't have to inform them that you are actually doing it. It's obvious, isn't it?

Anyway, whatever the ineterpetation, I fully agree with this assertion:

It's all about commas. NO! Let me restate it: It's all aboutbullshit! God should have done a better job protecting HIS book than he did. Loser God!

Pole

• orbison11
    orbison11

double negatives drive me nuts

many have said i speak the 'queen's engilsh', mostly older ones though, as most younger have no idea what it is :)

orbi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit