Heeeeeeeeeeeeere we go!

by safe4kids 44 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    must admit I'm still enjoying the wind

I hope this is the good kind of wind.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Mega The hurricane winds. I keep popping outside, it's totally cool to feel it and see the trees bending. But I keep hearing this ominous banging sound coming from somewhere near the roof and I haven't yet figured out what it is...somehow I don't think right now is a good time to be on a ladder

Dana

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    somehow I don't think right now is a good time to be on a ladder

Nope, not unless you want to end up a few counties away.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I chatted with Joy last night and she is still in Alabama working and can't go home until Monday. She was worried about getting some of their things moved away from the living room area. Bridges may be out to keep her from going home even on Monday.

Glad you are all right so far Dana. Keep the kids close. Love you.

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((Dana & kids))))

Keep safe everyone.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Wild Welllll, I do like to travel....

(((((Mulan))))) thanks and love you, too Yeah, I'm a little concerned for Joy and Steve right now...this thing is about halfway across the state and is still a hurricane...if it gets in the gulf and strengthens...that's NOT going to be good news for the panhandle. I really hope they're able to prepare and that they don't get much from the storm.

(((((Harry))))) Thanks, we're good at the moment. Has anyone heard from SP? I think they're being hit pretty hard right now, but hopefully the eye is going to pass to the south of them.

Dana

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL@ Dana, good to see you are keeping your sense of humor through all of this.

Where exactly in FL does SP live? I hope she is still doing ok and safe.

I just saw a Palm tree fall on the live video. I believe it was in Melbourne. One of the women reporters was hit with debris. They didn't mention how she was doing though.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I think she's in the Orlando area and I just heard that there's a major loss of power over there.

I saw one of the reporters hit by debris, too. If it's the same one, I think she may have broken a rib; it was a hard piece of concrete-like stuff (nothing like being technical, eh? lol) and it caught her on the rib cage.

Dana

• Mulan
    Mulan

They are saying Walt Disney World will reopen tomorrow. Do they expect no damage? No one is talking about that. Seems odd to me that there wouldn't be damage and debris and lots of water.

One reporter was saying (I think it was Vero Beach) that there were a lot of snakes in the road. Blllllaaaaachhhhh. I hate snakes.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Batten down the hatches Dana, now you'll see the real strength!

I'm on pins and needles here wondering if I'll make it home (get off @ 8:30 am, 2 hour drive) before the wind is 60 mph when they close the bridges. To get to the beach are where we live is by bridge. East, west and north. Ahhh, the price of paradise. lol!

Please let us know when you can Dana that everything is ok. If you stay home, be sure to have acess to your attic if the water comes up into your house. Hey! there's a lot of water being dumped by Frances.

Hugs to you and the kids and to Outnfree (for worrying about #2, hope she's ok)

Ok, back to work.

Joy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit