Heeeeeeeeeeeeere we go!

by safe4kids 44 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((Dana)) I'm glad you are okay. And yes, stay offffff the ladder !!

((Joy)) I hope you are able to get home in time and the storm dies down before getting to your area

((out)) I hope you hear from your daughter soon !!

((SP)) You okay down there??

Anyone heard from Kenneson???

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

They say it'll all be over in 10 hours!! We were lucky this time around, the power flickered off and on a few times, but we never lost it for more than a few minutes.

The wind is really loud, as is the rain.. I didn't sleep well at all, but we are both unhurt so no complaints here.

Thanks again for all of the hugs .. safe4kids, glad to hear you are doing okay as well.

We are due for another one too. "Ivan", which is now a tropical storm is heading our way and picking up strength, it might be a hurricane by the time it gets here.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Better be careful. With a name like "Ivan" it's bound to be "terrible". (Ivan the terrible)LOL

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Mulan, I don't know how they're going to reopen tomorrow, but Disney is almost god in these parts, so who knows?? And snakes?? Yikes! Maybe I should stuff towels under my doors!

(((XW))) Ok, I will!

(((((((Joy)))))) I hope, really hope!, that you're able to safely make it home before the storm hits. As for flooding, I don't think my house will flood as I'm on a bit of a rise, but my neighbors may not be so lucky. According to the news, the worst of it is almost on my area so I don't know how much longer I'll have power. The wind has increased a great deal. It's kinda neat...the windows and the doors keep shaking and the rain is being blown sideways. There's something almost mesmerizing about listening to the wind whistle around the house. The trees and bushes keep bending almost to the ground but the winds have decreased to only 75 mph so the house should be fine. They're forecasting it to strengthen before it hits the panhandle, so....BE SAFE!!!!!

Love,

Dana

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thanks, everyone, for the hugs and good wishes. Daughter #2 says so far there's some wind and rain, but it's not too bad in Ocala -- yet. Power is out, they are playing board games, and some trees have blown over. She sounds like she feels secure, so I feel better about that.

Leaving now to drive up to have dinner with Daughter #1. #2 will check in once the eye goes through. I'm still on pins and needles, but hey! I'm powerless here, so all I can do is hope that the news continues to be relatively good.

((((Joy)))) -- aren't you skeered to drive home when you don't know if you'll GET home? I guess Frances is moving slowly though.... Still, I'll worry some about you now. Just to round out my worrying mode! ;)

Hugs to all the Floridians!

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit