What is the youngest age you've seen someone df'd or Da'd?

by avishai 52 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• prophecor
    prophecor

Am I totally naive to think that kids those ages still have some specks of innocence? Recovering Jehovah's Witness:
    Though not entirely innocent ( no one in this day and age could be, not even the blessed Mother Theresa ), children do need to be taken into special consideration. I mean, up to a certain point, children should not be given the same type of regard as do adults, in their attitude, choices or behaviour, they're in a period of experiencing what it will be like to be an adult. Making decisions for themselves and most have no clue as to what to do when faced with the difficult choices they face. Some have incredibly faulty parents, even, and especially, in the Kingdom Hall.
    Just as one is not given the privellege of acquiring a drivers license until they reach a certain age, baptism for teens, regardless for how well trained or mature, may need to come under the same scrutiny. To many chances to blow it for those who are travelling down the road called the bloom of youth!

• willyloman
    willyloman

This is the ticking timebomb for the WTS. The courts don't seem (at least so far) to want to get involved with DF cases because they reason that adults who make a decision to join a religion are aware of the rules and consequences, including shunning.

But imagine the public outcry if it became known kids from 10 to 15 are regularly DF'd and then branded as bad association and shunned by family and friends, and to some extent their own parents. This smacks of verbal and emotional abuse and would clearly leave lasting scars.

If I were an attorney or investigative reporter, I'd be PM'ing you guys for names. This is a scandal and/or lawsuit waiting to happen.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Bearing in mind that I spent most of my time at home alone prior to disfellowshipping and got hardly any association with humans other than my immediate family and then when I was working for reinstatement, which took the best part of a year each time I lived like a recluse - attending meetings alone with no one speaking to me and going home to a tiny bedsit, alone - nmot able to ring anybody for a chat because I was disfellowshipped and could not associate with worldly people either - I think its amazing that I have any social skills at all.

crumpet x

I'm so sorry this happened to u. I hope u are ok. Please get help if u are not. (my eyes ar full of tears as i type this, I wish i could offer u more comfort)

weds

• bem
    bem

Crumpet I hope you are getting the attention and love you deserve now. I am so saddended by your expieriences.

For the question a 14 year old girl, who was also our neighbor. made it very hard for my children and I to accept since they were friends. She was Df'd from what we knew by things told the 'committee' by her stp-dad & witness children that went to school with her. All of whom I would of been very skeptical of there honesty, but there was the two witness rule.

• missy04
    missy04

There was this one family of Witnesses who had two daughters, one 15 and one 17. The first time I met the family, both daughters were attending meetings with their parents and the second time I met them, the older daughter had been disfellowshipped because of something to do with having a worldly boyfriend..

I remember the elders talking after the Sunday meeting about where to go for lunch, and they were discussing how they couldn't go to the restaurant where she worked because they would be forced to talk to her if she took their order..I kept thinking "dont you guys think it might help her if you went there and saw her instead of avoiding her" but I didn't understand the whole shunning thing at that point...

I've really wondered how she was doing. She seemed like a really nice girl.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I remember the talk and how the so called brother brought out that in the days of the Israelites they would stone the children if they were disobedient to the parents. .......................... I remember thinking, what must this kid who was sitting with his parents must be thinking. "Hey they want to stone me." ....................... One of the Elders informed me that adultery was punishable by stoning in the days of the Israel.

To an outsider this may seem far-fetched but as you've discovered, it's all part of the dub's world. How else could we explain how elders are speaking of stoning whether in the USA, the UK, Europe or Australia?

• avishai
    avishai

BTTT "because I wanna know of more examples.....

• under_believer
    under_believer

Youngest one I knew of was 16, for bangin' dudes.
    Later turned into a lesbian.
    Later got a sex change.

• mia_b
    mia_b

personally - my bro , 15

• avishai
    avishai
    Youngest one I knew of was 16, for bangin' dudes.
    Later turned into a lesbian.
    Later got a sex change

Good for her/him!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit