What is the youngest age you've seen someone df'd or Da'd?

by avishai 52 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Scully
    Scully

I know of two unbaptized young guys on separate occasions, both around 13 or 14, who were announced to the congregation as "disassociated".

One had taken a summer job with the Cadets.

The other - an elder's son - was just the usual rebellious teen.

They never "reversed" the announcements once the policy changed that applied DAing to baptized people who voluntarily "resigned" from the organization.

Love, Scully

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Double post..

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

13, for smoking df'd

• Sassy
    Sassy

personnally? my sister age 14

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

They didn't catch me and DF me until I was 19.

It pretty much sickens me think about a CHILD of 10,12,13 being disassociated or disfellowshipped---for whatever reason. With rare exceptions, people don't even know who they are at those ages, they are still growing, learning, testing limits.....right? Am I totally naive to think that kids those ages still have some specks of innocence?

Bethany

• Iforget
    Iforget

This whole thread makes me want to throw up. How parents could subject their children to this kind of abuse is beyond me. I was DF'd at 19 and that was bad enough. Reproved at 16.

• Jez
    Jez

My sister was baptized at 14 and df'ed at 15. At the time of her baptism, the elders were already dealing with her for having a boyfriend and drinking but during the early 80s, I remember a push on for BAPTISM NOW no matter what. What a stupid decision to make in your childhood when hormones are so wacked.

Stupid parents for letting us....it was the worse decision ever.

• wednesday
    wednesday

i had both sons annnounced as bad assocaition , even though neither were baptized. one was 12 one a bit older. heartless SOB's

my kids would come hiome from parties given by the elders and tell me all kinds of stuff that was going on. i just could not believe it. but it was true, and then they tried to say my kids werr the problems. Parents who are blind always want to blame someone elses kids for thier kids problems.

hateful SOB"S

sorry, sore subject.

• sozz7
    sozz7

all they wanna do is bully and manipulate people, if u hear something enough, three times a week, from birth, and told that everyone else is evil, and children of the devil. To treat children like that is disgusting, if their god was real were all [edit], make me mad thinkin of how much i missed out on cos of them, im a 26 yr old going on 16, as far as relationships are concerned

• new light
    new light

I was Dfed at 16. Although there was a lot of pain and confusion, I consider it to be a good thing. If they hadn't thrown me out on my ass, I never would have learned to think independently, and would probably still be stuck in the JW mindset. Although the way they shun children is repugnant, most of us are better off without the org and without hollow families that only love conditionally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit