Are people really happy at Bethel?

by The Searcher 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes that makes sense Dagney. What doesn't fit is why they keep taking it down. 

edited to add just seen your post wifibandit, possibly true but I find it hard to believe they thought it wouldn't end up online. Are they that naive?

• cappytan
    cappytan

wifibandit:

The one I have is just 360p.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good comments from all above, but just to comment on the Thread title when reading it literally :

No, I do not think people are really happy at Bethel. It simply is not possible to be really happy there, a member is aware that all is not as claimed, is aware of the internal politics, the gossip, the rigid control etc etc

They may be prepared to put up with these things because of the security, no worries about making a living and bills, and the prestige, but they do know that "there is something rotten in the State of Denmark", to quote young Billy Shakespeare.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good post, Phizzy.

I guess when JWs go to bethel they see the men behind the curtain. 

Although I suppose there are some who are genuinely happy at bethel, I can't help thinking that this video masks a lot of unhappiness and disappointment.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

People on here are saying the GB know about it or it was made with their consent. Does anyone actually know?

HAVE ALL OF YOU FORGOTTEN WHAT IT'S LIKE IN WTLAND?!?!?

COME ON PEOPLE, HAVE YOU LOST YOUR POWERS OF SPECULATION?!?!?!? In the absence of knowledge, there is all the room in the world for guesswork!

This looks like something cheesy done for Bethel Family Night. But to JWs, this is fuel for speculation:

• In a snooty, holier-than-thou JW voice, "This is something done by apostates to make JWs look worldly!"
    • In a weepy voice, "This is from the GB to remind us that JWs are real people that like to have fun."
    • In a fanatic voice, "I hear that Pharrell Williams is studying. Yeah, a sister in my Hall said that he said somewhere that he's learning about the Bible from Prince... or the Williams sisters... or the repentant ghost of Michael Jackson"

Remember when an mp3 recording was being circulated that supposedly was George Benson and Celine Dion singing one of the Kingdumb Maladies? Lots of speculation, and some outright lies, circulated around that gem among the JWs!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am generally a happy person. But, I have no desire to express this happiness in dance. Nor do I need to express my general happiness through a YouTube video. I do plenty of YouTube videos, but they are in the general topic of accounting - which is the source of my happiness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU0blGexp58

My happiness is very personal. What others think is of no concern to me.

One wonders why they are so intent on showing others that they are happy.  What is the point. I know I would not be happy swinging a toilet brush through the air. I find that a bit disturbing. 

• Simon
    Simon
    but they are in the general topic of accounting - which is the source of my happiness.

Dude, I have to ask - WTF is wrong with you?! 

I use accounting when I have insomnia - double entr ... zzzzzzzz

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

NewYork44m  linked his accounting video, discussing the 'book value' and 'fair value' of a company.

Now, if we compared the true value of the Bethel 'Happy' video and the true value of NewYork44m's 'accounting' video,

no question about it,

NewYork44m WINS !

• finally awake
    finally awake
    I dream of debits and credits and books that balance to the penny on the first try!
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Awesome video, and great to see Bethelites violating copyright by using that music, which may also be why it keeps getting taken down.

Happiness is not the norm at Bethel. Viv Mouritz, head of the Branch Committee in Australia in the 1990s told me people do not want to be in Bethel, as it is a totally unnatural way for people to live. They just do it because that is what Jehovah wants until the new system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit