Are people really happy at Bethel?

by The Searcher 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    This is the first vid that I have been able to play, possibly because every time I find it on here it has already been taken down. So what do we know about it? Who made it please? People on here are saying the GB know about it or it was made with their consent. Does anyone actually know?
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated

When was that video created/published? 

I ask because John Cedars and former JWs made a similar video with similar intentions and the same song playing last year:

http://youtu.be/Hpp2SDkgdGo

• cappytan
    cappytan

Interesting comment on that Happy Apostate video.

So, perhaps the Happy @ Bethel video actually was done for the International Convention. Wonder if that was the video this commenter was referring to.

• Illuminated
    Illuminated
    Cappytan check out the video I posted above your comment. That was the thought I had. 
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This one may actually be the one where JWS in Bethel got the orginal idea.

...... and these people are really happy they don't have a corrupt lying religious cult controlling their lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpp2SDkgdGo&feature=youtu.be

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Well thanks for answering my question while pretending that it was Illuminated who first thought of it. Never mind boys, a woman couldn't possibly have thought to ask that question first could she.

So John Cedars made a vid that JWs copied or was it the other way round? I guess we need dates. Anyone have dates for the two vids?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Well thanks for answering my question while pretending that it was Illuminated who first thought of it. 

I don't know what question you were referring to. The only question I saw you ask was who made it and if the GB knew about it and if it was with their consent. 

I still don't see where anyone truly answered that question. 

On my post, I was posting speculation based off of another video.

But I still don't know the answer to that question(s) you posted above.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Ok I will summarise it for you so far. The JW one may or may not have been made at the summer convention 2014 as an answer to the AAWA one made sometime In 2014.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

This song has been used in amateur videos by many.  

I think, as was brought out, this is a reinvented WBTS, geared to try and keep the youth (a la LDS), as the older ones die off.  And of course the plan is for this to go viral on youtube and wherever so as many people as possible will see it...including "worldly."  Everything is exposed today including confidential BOE letters.  Of course they anticipate this video to spread...I'm sure to combat the negativity out there about JW's.

It's a new day at the "house of god."

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I think this was OK'd for a family night type thing, but NOT to be put on the internet.  Somebody at Bethel got the idea to share it with others (maybe another crew / complex / congo / back home) via youtube.  Then it got out in the "wild".

Would anyone happen to have the HD version?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit