Chilling experience

by TallTexan 84 Replies latest jw experiences

• Special K
    Special K

That is called a "premonition".

I have heard of them. The time of your interaction with her in the hallway/stairwell would have coincided with the time of her death.

Scary for you I can imagine.

I had another one of these premonition stories related to me just a week ago. It was between two brothers. One died in a car accident and the living brother had about a 5-10 minute interaction with him and his teenage son...at the exact time of his death.

Who knows what lies beyond?

Special K

• desib77
    desib77
    That is called a "premonition".

I have heard of them. The time of your interaction with her in the hallway/stairwell would have coincided with the time of her death.

Okay....I'm curious about this, too. When the person has interaction with the person who is dying at the same time that it is happening, is this they only possible time to talk to them? Or will this person recieve other "visits" from them?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**WoW! Quite an experience!! That would scare the be-jeebus out of me!!

It's easy for me to sit here and say that I wouldn't be scared, as such, but more in awe of seeing her there. The fact that she came there to say that she didn't "hurt" any more was rather touching to me. I probably wouldn't have been able to move for a while more or less from the shock of seeing her like that, but not frightened.

TallTexan, did you ever find out if she had indeed passed? You didn't mention that if you did.

Annie

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Who can say? Maybe the brain can generate fields similar to radio waves under certain conditions... like dying or immediately after "death".

Just for the skeptics, I said that. I personally have never seen anything like that, but I do know that the universe has many strange pockets that it can pull rabbits out of.

CZAR

• Odrade
    Odrade

I was very touched too. You must have meant something to her in that short time that she came to let you know she was alright.

O

• Robdar
    Robdar

Interesting story. Thanks.

Robyn

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Tall-

You were probably one of the last people to see her alive when she was able to actually realize it anymore. I'm glad you were there to soothe her a bit- even if it was just with a kind voice before she passed on. I can only imagine how frightened she must have been and you must have taken away a bit of that fear for her and she felt more safe for whatever moments she had left to be capable of feeling that. I think she was there to thank you for that.

XW

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I agree with what Odrade said;

I was very touched too. You must have meant something to her in that short time that she came to let you know she was alright.

O

I enjoyed reading that real life story, it made me think of times in my life when if I wasn't in a religion cult that taught experiences like this are from the demons I would have paid more attention to the ones I had and truly learned from them instead of repressing them.

Tall Texan I think you can be proud that the time and care you spent with this little girl greatly affected her so much she needed to let you know. I hope that relieves any fear you may have of the stairwell as well, it in my book is a positive experience and one to learn a lesson from.

Thanks for sharing.

Kate

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

TallTex,

Interesting story. I am not sure how I would've reacted to this. My aunt Ruth (she is 93 yrs old) has told me of people (mainly family) that she has known who have come to her at _the_ moment that they pass - she says that she 'sees' them in her living room.

According to her, she sees them, recognizes who they are, and calls out to them. They do not speak to her, but they are looking around, and then disappear.

I feel that it is the actual person - as they transition - to the other side. Can't put it into exact terms.

She also said that she saw my mom - looking - not directly at her - but off to one side... and looking a bit confused.

This would be about right... as she was a JW - and this would have caught her totally by surprise. She didn't expect to 'transition'. hahahahahaha

Anyway... her experiences are much like you described.

Cool!

As for the little girl - she meant no harm. She was only letting you know she was okay. It was most likely just as she was passing - or very soon after.

Poor little thing. She probably didn't even know realize that she had passed.

Regards,

Jim TX

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This is a beautiful and touching experience. I'm with Six on this one (even though he may have been being sarcastic when he posted, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt), there seems little reason to be scared visiting that corridor.

Truth truly is stranger than fiction

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit