Why Would Anyone Defend Jehovah's Witnesses??????????

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

double post.

Um I respect your veiw, but I can't see how the watchtower is hurtful. Many retoric engines like the watchtower promote radical ideas. In general since I have know the watchtower (the 90's till present) then have become milder and milder, more inclusive, tolerant, and corporate. Meanwhile the JWs have become less credible, hypcritical, and more "wordly".

• gumby
    gumby

Odrade, I had to laugh myself. I was reading your post and was thinking you must not had read mine ....till I got to the bottom of your post.

You bad for leavin your reply page open too long ya know

Gumby

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

xq's i think your smoking some heavy stuff on your ideas of how jw's see the wt.. let me know when you come down to earth. john

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I would only defend JW's in a general sense. Many of them are part of the group because it feeds a need inside them. Many of them simply do not know better, or they are trapped forever because it is their family/way of life/etc.

I find myself defending beliefs sometimes because I don't want to accept that I was completely deluded. I'm far too intelligent. So I must defend what it was that got me sucked into the cult to begin with.

the topic of this thread generalizes and condemns a lot of people...I will not do that. Everyone has a right to believe what they need to beleive, so I will defend Jehovah's witnessess to have that right. Difference? No one has the right to impose their belief on anyone else. i will not defend the JW belief system ever again.

• avishai
    avishai
    When it comes to JWism it is a relatively harmless parochial evangelical religion that is loosely united.

Bullshit. What about all the children who die w/ out Blood transfusions.

An average of three JW's a day die of lack of med. treatmen due to their beliefs. That's more people than heavens gate every mo. It's about one Jonestown every year. Relatively harmless my ass.

• avengers
    avengers
    I gladly defend JWs -- but I will not defend the WTBTS or its representatives - there is a difference. Many JWs are nice people and genuine people. They maybe misguided and badly led and other things but there are some nice people. Many will also try to be genuinely Christian - so I defend them -- I will NOT condem them - However, the WTBTS and its Governing Body - I truly believe some of them to be horrible people - I will NOT defend them - just my 2 cents

I have to agree with that. But not this:

but I can't see how the watchtower is hurtful. Many retoric engines like the watchtower promote radical ideas. In general since I have know the watchtower (the 90's till present) then have become milder and milder, more inclusive, tolerant, and corporate.

I have known them from the sixties and imo it's a dangerous cult. The GB sucks in the innocent and naive and abuses them for
    their own purposes. It's like sayng the child abusers have become milder and milder, more inclusive, tolerant, and corporate Your typo's can be excused, but ,,,, Andy

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Maybe you should ask how many people look the other way and how many people are secretly transfused.

The children dying is a PR campaign started by the watchtower now used by critics. If you knew what HLS really does you would see the hypocracy. It is a game. Those people dieing are victims of circumstance. If jws had true integrity supported by the watchtower on abstaining from blood I would believe you, but they don't.

The watchtower will provide a lawyer to sheild them and sell you out. You get your kid taken from you the kid gets blood, and you look like an idiot, and you may now have a child abuse flag on your record.The elders will enforce the decision prevent you from "making a show" or "bringing reproach on jehovah". The kid recovers the and is promoted as never having a blood transfusion because jehovah "brought them out of it". Everytime I read an article on the blood issue I wonder if the person actually recived a blood transfussion or not.

As for adults they take their blood secretly( or use treatments unapproved by the watchtower) and if the brothers find out they take their punishment (such as being deleted) or elders just burry it.

• Corvin
    Corvin

I don't think I would or could defend the Governing Body. That would be like defending OJ Simpson in that you know the sob is guilty and defending him would really make me sick and harder to shave in the morning.

As mentioned earlier, many or most of JW's are living their lives under deception. I would defend them if their personal rights were being taken away, or if they were being persecuted . . . BUT depending on what they are being persecuted for. But never their religious beliefs . . . never again.

Corvin

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

just for the sake of "Honesty"

Even our law system says you are not guilty until proven otherwise.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Huh? Whats the difference? Lets say it was some tribe some place like egypt. That believed something totally bizzar like the heaven and earth was created when god orgasmed. How could you defend that religion and not defend that belief. Even if you did not belief it your self how can you have one with out the other?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit