Belief - a key to Spiritual experience

by LittleToe 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Sirona,
    "I understand the concept, but wonder if such a thing is possible while incarnate."

Indeed it is. We are simply looking to embrace That which we truly are, under the facade. There is nothing stopping us from investigating deeply into our sense of self and being. Look and see, are you really what you believe yourself to be? Notice that what-you-believe-yourself-to-be can be witnessed as thoughts, memories, beliefs, etc. What is it that is seeing all this? What is closer than mind interpretation? What is closer than the mental words and images that -- up to now -- have been unquestionably accepted as ones identity? If you can objectively see a believed-self, then your true-being must be other than that. What is seeing. What is looking? Has It, ever changed? Is It touched by situations no matter how good or bad?

Our being includes the "physical body", yet, not limited to. When there is an awakening to true-being, walls of separation tumble. Life is lived more directly, happy and sad. We see that we are Life, not just a story or interpretation about life -- as before.

MegaDude,
    "And how did you come by this separation in the mind in the first place? By choice?"

Look into the bottomless eyes of an infant and you gaze upon true love and Being. When a baby looks you in the eye, they look upon themselves, there is no other, as far as they are concerned. So, I would say that this false sense of separation takes time to develop and is taught to us via society and family.....who are just passing on what they believe to be true.

If there is a deep desire and sincerity, the bogus info we have inherited can be seen through to reveal what is True. Talking about though, doesn't do very much.

j

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You sure use the word True alot, along with a "telling" style of writing, James Thomas. I'm having deja vu.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Megadude

And how did you come by this separation in the mind in the first place? By choice?

I would say that it happens in infancy, as jt suggested. I have read that, for a while the baby lives through the mother, unable to differentiate it's feelings from hers. That may the first digression or split from the one.

The ego and it's subpersonalities are created in order to overcome things felt as threats; such as hunger, cold, lack of affection/attention, wet, etc. These are creations, not real, as it was at an earlier point. Later on, competition w siblings, and other demands on the mother cause more effort/energy to be pumped into the ego parts. These creations may well be a necesity, at these times, unavoidable. For most people, this goes on for the whole life, especially where it is demanding to just be able to live. Also, competitive/successful businessmen carry on this ego building to great hieghts.

It is generally after a severe crash, where businesses fail, marriges fail, or a percieved life paradigm is found to be false, that the person may look inward, away from the created ego. It is the inward looking through meditation and such, that all the created personalities can be observed as they pass before the eye, and let go of without interaction.

S

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Six : this should be good!

hu ??? ... but ... ((( )))

JT : Frenchbabyface, where are you when I need you?

Will try to be there ...

Six : You sure use the word True alot, along with a "telling" style of writing, James Thomas. I'm having deja vu.

That is why when it comes to this matter better chose the word Universal - (the truth is personnal to each individual and moreove on spirit matters) but what's universal stays universal (cause it have to be coherent to everything connected together)

Now about spiritual experiences : I'd like to talk about the natives Indian philosophy (for instance) whish have learned to respect everything from the dust. Also when the old wise guy takes weed () and have to make a decision ... actually he asks to his subconscious to overpasse his conscious him (for his own self to be out of the process) that is when there subconcious use a symbolic being as a spirit to answer they're questions (like the great eagle anything alike for instance - but never god - they never had this pretention)

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

wow, haven't been able to read all of this thread, as it is getting late and my brain is tired.

Just want to commend Littletoe on his poem - i love it.

Is funny I never appreciated reflective poetry like that when I was a JW, am more appreciative now that it's now possible to do some self-reflection!

• Sirona
    Sirona

James

If you can objectively see a believed-self, then your true-being must be other than that. What is seeing. What is looking? Has It, ever changed? Is It touched by situations no matter how good or bad?

Our being includes the "physical body", yet, not limited to. When there is an awakening to true-being, walls of separation tumble. Life is lived more directly, happy and sad. We see that we are Life, not just a story or interpretation about life -- as before.

Call me earthy (Virgoan and all that) - I just can't see the "how" part of all of this. Looking deeper: ok, realising we are ONE: check. Spiritual experiences: yep. What more is there before death?

Sirona

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

TG:
    It's pretty much the only type I write, these days, and some of it finds it's way here.
    Thanks for the compliment.

Sirona:

What more is there before death?

Stripping back the illusion, and peering at that beneath.

I really do recommend "The Way to Love" (which JT put me onto), and it's dirt cheap to boot.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

" I just can't see the "how" part of all of this."

Sirona, I suggest that you read "The Power of Now", by Eckhart Tolle.

j

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I mentioned "love" in an earlier post.
    I guess I should have been more specific in that I don't mean the mushy kind.

I was talking of the kind that is the steady drumbeat of the universe. The kind that responds in us when we see an awesome sunset, or a newborn child (or it's first smile ).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit