Belief - a key to Spiritual experience

by LittleToe 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Soon as I take my dog for her morning walk......I'm coming back and abusing you and your thread.......ya bastard!

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frannie:
    Cool. The last thing I wanted to do was cause offense, especially amongst folks hurt by a cult, as was I.

Bridget:
    It's simply experiences with things of a spiritual nature, even on a spiritual plane, for some.

Gumby:
    Go easy on me, huh? I'm in a fragile place right now. This thread represents an out-pouring of the soul.

I'm just heading off for a two day road trip, I should be back on Monday, which is a Holiday here (for some obscure reason). Have fun...

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Have fun ((Ross))..

• poppers
    poppers

Like SinkyPantz asked, what do you meam by spiritual experience? And who is it that would have such an experience? In other words, who is it that holds any belief?

• El blanko
    El blanko

I would assume when he uses the term 'spiritual experience' when refering to an invisible, yet personally tangible force that appears to be active and guiding either internal realities or external realities.

Either the motivating force eminating from a platform of firm belief (or faith if you like) deep within the soul, or the external realization of a held belief eminating from an invisible realm yet being apparent to physical sight.

Hmmmm..... not sure which though - hehe.

• El blanko
    El blanko

By the way - if you wrote that wee poem - it is really powerful in my opinion.

• gumby
    gumby

I'll be real simple.

For me to put faith in something......that something has to be real as far as a diety goes and belief goes. The idea of Jesus came from bible writers. For me to read from one of those writers and put faith in his words....'John', .....I would have to believe his words were true. With so much skepticism pointing towards a strong probability Jesus was not the godman he is portayed in the bible to be, including the book of John,.......how can a person who feels this way put faith in and take....."The Jesus Road"?

I do have to state, first of all, that the Jesus we knew as JW's was not the Jesus of the bible or Christianity

Where else would you find information about him?

See.....I didn't abuse you LT.....just asking questions Have a good trip bro.!

And big bastardly hugs

Gumbiblebahumbugger

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    I would assume when he uses the term 'spiritual experience' when refering to an invisible, yet personally tangible force that appears to be active and guiding either internal realities or external realities.

I know I have never felt that. Even when I was trying my best to be spiritual and have a connection with something larger than myself...I never felt it. I have felt it at moments in more earthly ways. Feeling connected to living things and the vast networks of life that make up this world, but I have never felt more beyond that. Perhaps I have a limited view and thus it's holding me back, I dunno.

I think that's why I shut down to a lot of belief now. I have never felt that. (And it wasn't from lack of trying). I don't know how to go about feeling that. Perhaps I need to try again. And perhaps it is not fair to dismiss certain things because I have not felt it, but it makes it a heck of a lot harder to have belief in certain things.

I am rambling now...off I go...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LT,

I think we could also say: "Disbeleif - a key to spiritual experience".

I think a spiritual experience can be had in disbelief,, sometimes our most spirtual moments can come when we are face with our disbelief in the WT,,we recognize we have been mislead for so long that we give up all belief or effort to beleive this can create a vacum where there once was the WT beleif system,,this vacum can make us turn inward to such a degree that we find spirituality not in a system of doctrine but in our own deep inner self.

• gumby
    gumby

LT....when you get time....take a look at this and give me your opinion if you wish.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/james_still/john_context.html

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit