Belief - a key to Spiritual experience

by LittleToe 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Since the whole preoccupation of this character is with "love", that comes to us in spades, and overspills to affect our neighbour. It's a spontaneous thing, not something that HAS to be worked at.
    But it all starts and ends with an adoration, free from personal ego. From that unencumbered starting point "grace" flows...
    ...and experience follows.

Cognitively I can understand this, but at a gut level it is much more difficult. My experiences in life have much to do with that. Reading through this thread I kept hearing a therapist say that 'abuse victims experience a side of God that is cold'. That's not to lay the experience at his feet, but imagine praying for it to stop, and when it doesn't, that feeling of cold isolation is branded on the soul.

Belief is a huge problem, not the desire but the actual mechanics of letting go and embracing that belief. And so I'm paying attention in this thread to try to learn.

In the end, surrender must be complete and all must be let go. It is not easy to forsake our -- Beloved.

I do envy you James to be able to let go. Perhaps one day.

To use an extreme example, I don't see how anyone could make a good faith argument Hitler wasn't separated from God. Unless you want to say that God is evil as well as loving.

Mega expressed it far better than I can. Frankly the main reason I believe in God is because of evil. I believe absolutely and beyond all doubt there is a force of evil that exists. It is cold. It is terrifying in its calm Hannibal Lecter-like way of hurting. But there is no goodness in it. Therefore there must be a counterbalance, and that is where I jump from feeeling belief to reasoning logic.

Chris

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    it is not be easy to fall back into the arms of our True-nature which is everything, yet, no thing in-particular.

So when did we separate from our true nature?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

"So when did we separate from our true nature?"

Never did.

That's the beauty of it, is that it's here now. There is no where we must go. No thing we need earn.

It's all about seeing clearly what was missed before.

j

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

LOL, I always imagine that James Thomas is just taking the mickey.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

James,

I'm not sure I understand your use of certain words so bear with me.

If we need to fall back to our True Nature, we separated from it, correct?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Words are inherently duel in nature. They were created to break everything down into pieces that the mind may grasp some mental comprehension.

When we use words or take poetic license to describe the Indescribable, we inevitably screw everything up because we are entering once again into the philosophical and conceptual, not the REALITY.

What we are concerned with here is Reality/Life as It really IS naked of all interpretation! See are you just a tiny individual entity in need of protecting itself from a separate universe? Or, are you really Reality/Life, Itself?

We can speak and understand every language ever spoken or written and get exactly no where. There must be a first hand, bare boned, investigation deep into our own sense of being beyond all words and thoughts.

Forget the words. Everything I say is a lie; in that words hold not the MEANING that we are referring to here.

j

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

it is about undeniably seeing, realizing first hand, what is here, within, already: our True-identity.

Well ... James Thomas that's how I feel about it ... (a kind of universal intuition/understanding)

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

James,

You made a definite point. Now you seem to be backing away from it. You said we have to fall back to something. In another post you said we need to see something we missed. This language implies we are seeking to get to a state more desirable than the one we're in. Your use of language implies separation from something. That's the only point I was making.

But I agree *flow* is a great state to be in.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

this should be good!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

There is separation in mind only.

In truth we ultimately are the Wholeness that we seek, there just needs to be a SEEING that!

Call it "falling back". Call it "stepping through". Call it any damn thing you want. It all comes back to SEEING/REALIZING/LIVING IT.

If I made it sound like something else before then I was mistaken and should be spanked.

Frenchbabyface, where are you when I need you?

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit