Belief - a key to Spiritual experience

by LittleToe 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

JamesThomas:
    It's cool. IMHO it's not a threadjacking at all, they are very pertinent. I always appreciate your comments.

As I mentioned earlier (and as I know you are aware) every attachment we hold onto has a cost. I chose mine carefully.
    I read "The Way to Life" with great relish, and now recommend it on. It was a great affirmation.

Six:
    The world, or nothing. Maybe both. What do you want? The answer is probably the reverse.

Chris:
    Each of us has to walk the "path" we walk. I pray that your's will be a healing one
    I strongly suspect that you are further along that "way" than you know...

• Sirona
    Sirona

James

Intellectual images have there place, but when it comes down to the actual realization of our true Being, there must be a radical surrender, a letting go of all, everything we think we know or believe to be true. There must be a silence so pure and pristine that the entire story of "me" is nonexistent. ("You must die before you live")

Simply put, it is about undeniably seeing, realizing first hand, what is here, within, already: our True-identity.

I understand the concept, but wonder if such a thing is possible while incarnate.

How to awaken, how to see?

By earnestly, sincerely and gently moving attention from the minds interpretation of life and all it's past and future, beliefs and judgments, good and evil, mumblings and commentary, and instead silently offering conscious awareness to this present moment. Look deeper into what is it to be alive. Look deep into the raw senses of BEING (without the dark lenses of mental conceptualizing and story telling). Be present. Be open. Allow Truth to reveal Itself.

I believe I have been able to be in the moment and I may be beginning to sense what it is to move past the obvious things of life in order to see a deeper meaning. However, this "letting go of all" I suspect is only achievable via the altered states of awareness I mentioned to LT. As I said, are we truly here to spend most of our time "not being here" in the body? Or will this state of being in the moment include our physical body and if it does, how are we to shut off the mind and all of its ramblings?

Interesting thread...

Sirona

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

JT,

Sometimes I feel just on the brink of understanding the universal self, or touching it but it is so subtle I can't,,excuse the metaphors it is the best I can do.

I do "beleive" or "feel it" to be true that there is only one self. The way I look at it from the Big Bang point of view everything was and still is connected, since the big bang theory points to a point in time, a begining where all that is was concentrated into one infinately small point. A universal "self" seems to fit that theory.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

JT

My ideas of a universal self which can be totally wrong because I have no evidence to prove, these are only my thoughts on the subject:

I agree with Einstien who said, there really is no such thing as past,present and future,,and they are an illusion. I think the self created these imaginary dimesions to explore perhaps posibilities according to preconcieved standards of space and time, which allow for progressions to unfold. This self seems to be pure energy, or pure awareness without all the feelings we associate with awareness.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ooh, Frankie. Nice analogy. I hadn't thought about it from the perspective of the "big bang" before. Thank you!!

Sirona:
    It's not as far away as you might think

As ever your contributions, to these kind of topics, is appreciated as well. You "ground" things nicely.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

James,

You said:

There is separation in mind only.

And how did you come by this separation in the mind in the first place? By choice?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    What do you want?

Alot of things; peace on earth, a scholarship, to wear the tierra for at least a year, and if they let me keep this gown that would be so awesome.

I wanna be like Jesus Christ
    keep the party moving
    give 'em good advice

But honestly, I'm not struggling here... so I guess my question was a way to say "what do you want, Ross?".

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:
    I have everything I "want" and more, though a gown would be pretty cute

What do you think I want?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    What do you think I wantalt?
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dude:It seems that bottle is on your desktop

Edited to add:And strangely enough that is EXACTLY the brand that I just bought today, and is sitting on my kitchen table!!!

Edited again to add:Well, it was!!
    Ya changed it, knucklehead
    LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit