Do you let spiders live in your home?

by Elsewhere 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I kill them. Dead.

Snails..........pour salt on them, now my daughter loves to do this.

Murderers!!! Torture!!! Genocide!!!

* Passing out *

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I didn't know that spiders killed other bugs! Who sez this board isn't educational. lol!

I have Daddy Longlegs in here a lot and they don't bother me, but those fat little black ones that are about the size of my thumbnail---I don't like THEM crawling around!

I do get a lot of lost crickets that took a detour at the kitchen, and I'll pick them up and put them back out the door....I love crickets!

Annie

• SAHS
    SAHS

To all those who feel compelled to let spiders live in their homes:

?SAHS

• Sirona
    Sirona

I dont think we have those spiders in the UK , SAHS

and wouldnt a bite be treatable anyway? That seems as though someone had a bite and then didn't get any help

Sirona

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I depends on which kind it is. And where it is at the time.

If its far up on the wall I leave it alone.

If its within inches of either of the babies, I will get rid of it because i dont want it to crawl into the babies ear.

Does flushing it mean that i killed it?

• Nikita
    Nikita

I usually let them hang around, unless my daughter or husband sees them, then I will try first to remove them to the outside instead of killing them.

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

yes spiders live in my home with me :)

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

The little, teeny, tiny ones don't bother me. The big ones are another story. I live close to a river, and when the river gets high, big WOLF SPIDERS run for the hills and into my house. Those things are FREAKY and I'm afraid of them. My husband is afraid of them, too, which is not a good thing. (Aren't men supposed to kill the spiders in the house?)

But, what you are afraid of, you are fascinated, too. I will be the first one to watch a spider show on Discovery and have seen Arachnophobia three or four times.

I once almost swallowed a daddy long legs on a camping trip. It landed in my beer. Fortunately, I had a good enough buzz to pull it out of my mouth and not freak. Don't like them much, either.

GH

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

When I was 8 or 9, I was sitting at the dining room table after dinner waiting for some William Shatner movie to premiere. Then I felt something crawl over my foot. I thought it was a cockroach, so I started poking it with my toe. I should say that where we lived, and especially at that time, there were cockroaches crawling everywhere. So I was pretty much used to them.....that is, until they took wing.....ugh! Those dive bombing B-52s.... Anyway, I kept poking at this dumb roach and then looked down to see it and WHOOPS! it was a big ass centipede! I freaked and was crying and scared like hell, and then the Shatner program started with the title emblazoned on the screen...."KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS".

Eeeek. Not what I wanted to see after that.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ladybug eats them. Mmmm, crunchy!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit