Do you let spiders live in your home?

by Elsewhere 53 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I have spiders in my garden but should they cross the threshhold they die......Thunder though lets them live if he sees them SIGH

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Spiders? If I see them inside, I just relocate them outside. I live in the city and no bug is stupid enough to live here anyway, besides a few flies.

I think spiders are really unique animals. A marvel of evolution and a species the robotics industry is learning much from and still has much to learn.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I have one or two little spiders that I noticed living in my home... but I don't get rid of them hoping that they will keep the other bugs out.

: Does anyone else do this?

As long as little critters don't mess with me, I leave them alone. If a hoard of ants invaded my home, that is a different matter. Then they are messing with me. Same with spiders.

Farkel

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I used to kill them but no more, just can't bring myself to. If they're a nuisance where they are I'll carry them outside, otherwise I leave them be. The ones that I used to hate and kill routinely were slugs and here in the Puget Sound (Seattle) area, they are a real pest in the garden. So I used to pour salt on them. I did that a few weeks ago and it made me sick to think that I had turned that creature into mush.

Maybe it is bad karma... don't know, just can't kill them.

Sherry

• dh
    dh

yeah, its interesting to throw other insects on their webs and watch them go to work.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I LOVE spiders. I like to grab them by their webs and carry them around :) If they're just normal spiders I leave them alone, as long as I dont have webs growing in my house I'm fine. But if it's a black widow, yes I kill it immediately.

BTW, remember that movie Arachnaphobia? Remember what happened when they left the normal spider alone? The damn thing mated and tried to kill a whole G-damn town.

• dh
    dh

who does god like more, the spider or the fly?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Blechhhh...I hate spiders. I do not want them in my house, nor anywhere near me for that matter. I feel like I am going to pass out when I get near one, and am scared to kill it, as I am afraid it will jump on me, so I usually recruit one of my friends if they are near by to do the job for me.

The only exception would be Spiderman, he would be welcome in my house anytime....

• wednesday
    wednesday

I hate spiders, and if i see one, i kill it. They do stay jout of sijght though, i only find some webs as any evidence that they were ever here. Do they only crawl at night? b/c i do not see them in the daytime? I saw a mod size wolf spider once, and stomped it kand sprayed the house. My hubby tries to stay organic, so we us die-tu-mis -us (can't spell it) earth. it works well for inscets.

could u have a bad spider infrestation and not know it?

I currently am battleing the huge texas razhes, called at times water bugs. they live outdoors and come in for water, jor come in for protection, food. they are hard to get rid of , kand your haouse can be spotless and they will live. i have seen them comeup the bathroom drain, the ones i have seen are as big as 3 inches. really disgusitng.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

My Grampy always told me that if you kill a spider you'll make it rain. So I tend to be friendlier to the eight legged house guests we sometimes find.

I have been known to scoop the little guys up and take them outside.Unwanted 2 legged visitors on the other hand might find themselves at the business end of a sword!

Sheila though tends to rule with an iron foot!

Thunder ==}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit