September 1,2004 WT Beware The Voice of Strangers

by Wolfy 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think this article might be of interest to reporters, editors and directors of the various news media that have been involved in bringing to light the problems and scandals within the Watchtower Society.

Advertise, advertise, advertise!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    [23:23] So friends, hypothetically, and I repeat, hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, " Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!" Yes, even if it were one of Jehovah's angels.

So what this means is that the WTS can make changes to the "pattern of truth" (New Light), but Jehover's angles can't!

They have placed themselves above the angles!

• jaredg
    jaredg

YES!!! it's very [edit] up

• kls
    kls

Thank's Elsewhere, it is so funny ,they don't even know that are talking about themselves. How ignorant jws can be.

• joenobody
    joenobody

I have a comment re: paragraph 9. The Serpent told them that "God knows that in the very day of your eating it your eyes are bound to become opened" and subsequently in the Bilbe verse that "they would be like God knowing evil". Then they question he motives of the Serpent in saying that.

HOWEVER if you read verse 22 of Genesis 1, God says "The man has become like one of us knowing good and evil."

Umm... was this "stranger" Satan telling a lie according to the Bible? Seems to me he told the TRUTH - they came to know good and evil as promised and that God was withholding that information from them! It kinda reminds me of how the Society says that people who listen to apostates have often had major doubts raised in their minds with the inference being that "yes - apostates actually have information that will cause you to question the Society".

Appalling article. The leaps in logic they use are horrible.

• joenobody
    joenobody

Paragraph 13 is a disgusting insinuation equating apostates on Internet chatrooms with "perverse" people who prey on children on the Internet. In other words, when apostates aren't trying to subvert JWs faith, they are perverts luring children into lurid sexual acts.

This is sick reasoning.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Ummm... I may not know my NWT Bible the way I used to, but I'm pretty sure that there is nothing in Jesus' parable of the faithful slave that required those being served by the slave to "trust" him.

Well, Scully, don't you know that Jehovah also teaches us through the "faithful and discreet slave" as well as the Bible? It's through the "slave" class that we have been taught to trust the "faithful slave." And we can know that this teaching is from God, because he teaches us through the "faithful slave" class. And what he teaches us is to trust the "faithful slave" class. And we can trust the teaching because it's from...

Wait, I'm getting dizzy!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    [23:23] So friends, hypothetically, and I repeat, hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, " Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!" Yes, even if it were one of Jehovah's angels.

Jaredg--thanks for posting this link. This whole talk was insanity. The thing that bothers me the most is those well-meaning ones I knew in there who I know in there who are still able to swallow this stuff down. Anyone who starts to use their brain at all will have to go on medication in order to remain in a state of denial when hearing stuff like this (many of them are already on meds). Sadley, I heard from some who atended the assembly who contacted me to let me know what I was missing out on and how wonderful it all was!!! I am sad over their insanity and uncomfotable to know that I was once involved in all of it.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Wow! Reading that really made my stomach turn!

Can anyone tell me when this is scheduled to be studied at the Kingdom Halls?

• Special K
    Special K

Man oh man

the mind control just gets deeper and deeper and deeper

Thanks for starting the topic thread Wolfy.. very stimulating conversation and throughts on this load of "you know what".

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit