September 1,2004 WT Beware The Voice of Strangers

by Wolfy 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Blondie said, "They keep saying "Jehovah's voice" when John 10:16 is talking about the sheep hearing Jesus' voice".

I bet if I asked my elder uncle that wants to talk to me now about this he would probably say it's Jehovah's word spoken through Jesus. But then he might not because how would that corrulate(sp) with the organization being "Jehovah's mouthpiece". Why are they so many so scared to think for once. I'm glad you brought that scripture out. I'm going to add that to my long list of questions that I'm preparing for my sit down with my uncle elder. I wonder if he'll stay around for the whole list or label me apostate with the first 2-3 questions.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Sorry for the prior blank reply.

How do you think the use of the following scripture would go over in the KH as an answer to question 10 on page 15?

2 Timothy 3:1-7 (NIV) Godlessness in the Last Days 1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Blondie said, "They keep saying "Jehovah's voice" when John 10:16 is talking about the sheep hearing Jesus' voice".

Doesn't really matter. They mean the Watchtower's voice anyway.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Well. What a laughable article! (for us, that is, but just think of the poor rank and file dubbies )

I picked out a few things that I thought were noteworthy (sorry if I repeat anything anyone else has mentioned - I compiled this list whilst reading the article and then read the thread afterwards)

In paragraph 8 they mention that some "twist Jehovahs words". That struck me as being a total lie because noone takes a direct quote of Jehovahs words from the bible and "twists" it. No. They don't mean Jehovahs words, they mean the words of the WTS (again putting themselves in God's place)

Then what about later in that paragraph where they say "Satan pretended to be shocked" WTF? they know this just from the account? The whole of that paragraph is their own speculation.

Then they say in para 10 that the whole aim of the "stranger" is to "steal and slay and destroy" wow strong words. Do you want to steal? Slay? Destroy? Talk about scare-mongering. So lets say someone has sincere doubts about all the crap they've published over the years, suddenly the doubter becomes a murderous thief?

Then the last paragraph says "What does Jesus, the fine shepherd, tell us to do? He teaches us to make disciples and to trust the faithful and discreet slave"

ERM someone who knows the bible correct me if I'm wrong but WHERE does Jesus say "Trust the Faithful and Discreet Slave"?

Sirona

• AlanB
    AlanB

I remember exactly the same talks and articles as long as 10 years ago....

Interesting they did not print the following paragraph.

A well known news paper in a European land accused Jehovah's Witnesses of having joined the United Nations, whilst some apostate web sites have spoken twisted things claiming that Child Abuse has been covered up in the christian congregations and that a secret database exists in Bethel of over 20,000 peadophiles, Some have even gone as far as to claim that the lovingly provided faithful and discrete slave are false profits prophets and have predicted the date for Armageddon on neumerous occaisions. Indeed one former brother in a Northern European country under the influence of Satan published a book suggesting that the fulfillment of bible prophecy and Christs invisible presence could not have been 1914. How happyfing it is that we are protected from such Satanic reasoning and do not allow solid facts to cloud our god given Watchtower based knowledge.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Alan ROFL! That is so funny!

They could have even printed "and a certain person who shall not be named had the gall to join the governing body and then become mislead by Satan, after which he blamed Jehovahs Organisation for wrongly disfellowshipping him. Satan recognised his writing skills and turned them to his own evil ends. Surely brothers we would avoid any best selling expose books he might now write as being the voice of Satan. Oh and the mexico thing is lies"

Sirona

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

SSDD

They say the same things over and over again.I guess they figure the easiest way to create group cohesion is to create enemies that need to be resisted, and use them as an excuse for why ex members and nonmembers raise legitimate issues regarding WTS policy.

This article isn't much different than the apostate articles they used to print when I was a "true believer." I remember covering "the Witnesses did not support Hitler's regime" and some of the other controversies when we went over the Proclaimer's book.It seems like right around that time we had an apostate study article, too, but I'm not sure. I got rid of all my books.

I had to laugh at the incredulity of the person who can't believe how badly written the WTs are after having not been to a meeting for a year. The same thing happened to me.This stuff is written at about a fifth grade reading level, maybe fourth grade. The only difference is, the publishers of children's literature have much higher standards for their authors, and the books are actually interesting.I'm a grandma, and I still love to read children's books:)

BTW, thanks to whomever posted the yearbook blurbs on the situation in Germany in the thirties. Very interesting. Very, very interesting.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Doublespeak at its finest. Do you think the Governing Body has read the book "1984" by George Orwell and modeled its organization on it way of thinking. After reading a WT like that it would make one think so.

It is just laughable, except that I imagine ones like my ex-husband and his new wife will gobble up that like they are starved. They are viewing our two sons age 20 and 16 as having turned to Satan, this will just fuel the fire more. My ex-husband is as dumb as a rock anyway. Pet rock of the WTS at that.

Balsam

• jaredg
    jaredg

hey guys...i wanted to bring one mroe thing to your attention. in the talk "Beware the Voice of Strangers" at the assembly there is a part that WTS keft out of the watchtower artucle. check this...

In Galatians chapter 1 and verse 8, the Apostle Paul emphasizes how important it is that we do that. Notice Galatians chapter 1 verse 8. Here, Paul stresses what we need to do if someone presents to us a teaching that doesn't fit into the pattern of truth that's been given to us. Here he says, "However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declared to you as good news, let him be accursed."

[23:23] So friends, hypothetically, and I repeat, hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, " Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!" Yes, even if it were one of Jehovah's angels.

can you believe that...the speaker said the even if one of Jehovah's angles came down and said something opposed to the WTS that they were to turn their back. WTF!!!! i can't believe the level of mind control diplayed in this talk....by the way here is the link to the talk transcript http://quotes.watchtower.ca/bewarethevoiceofstrangers.htm

• observador
    observador

Elsewhere, thanks a lot! Observador.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit