Bethel Getting Paranoid, Tightening Screws

by AlanF 71 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

I have it from solid sources that Brooklyn and Patterson are now recording all incoming telephone calls.

A word to the wise if you have friends there you talk to.

AlanF

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Paranoia anonymous, huh? It must be getting bad up there, Alan. That tells me the Ex's must be making some significant inroads. Keep at 'em!

RCat

• Seeker
    Seeker

Interesting. Isn't that a return to the Ray Franz purge era? Didn't they monitor phone calls then as well, only back then there were just hallway phones?

• claudia
    claudia

Maybe its just for "quality assurance"

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

claudia, that was FUNNY!

Slipnslidemaster: "While we are postponing, life speeds by."
    - Seneca

• waiting
    waiting

hey claudia,

quality assurance LOL!

Good point - but when we call companies, even if they call us, - if they're going to tape us, they tell us ahead of time.

Just to be on the up-n-up.

Guess that says a lot about the WTBTS, kinda down-n-down.

waiting

• dedalus
    dedalus

I'm asking because I honestly don't know -- is it legal to record telephone conversations w/out the other person's knowledge? As Waiting pointed out, companies seem to make of point of telling you when you're being recorded and why.

Dedalus

• ianao
    ianao

OHHHHHH...

PLEASE somebody give me a telephone number.

I would just LOVE to call them up and ask them directly if they are recording my phone conversation...

"Is this office now telephoning all incoming calls? Please tell me the truth, the whole truth, so help you Jehovah God. Thank you."

• ianao
    ianao

OH.... Too bad. Out to lunch. The lady couldn't even answer the question on the phone. What a shame.

• Kent
    Kent

Well, I'm not surprised, Alan. They even monitor PRIVATE phones. One of my brother in laws, he's still a Jehovah's Witness, told his phone were being bugged. He had an appartment in a KH, and had discovered this by sheer luck.

Anyone that can tell me more about their surveillance business, I'm all ears!

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit