Is There ANYTHING That You Still Believe In From The JWs?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Do you use the name "Jehovah" when referring to God?

No

I am trying to think about what they teach that I might still believe....................hmmm, still pondering.

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

I don't believe in hell, or heaven for that matter. I think when you die you change form, or move into a different level of conciousness, whether you can remember your previous form is something whatever I become might find out. We can't be living this life for nothing, I think all the experiences we go through mold our 'spirit' which helps determine what it might become when this life has ended.
    I don't think the bible was written by god, but that it does have some good advice in it that we can follow.
    Oh and I use the name Jehovah when arguing about god with my family. Don't believe in god either, just that there is something wierd out there, and in some future life maybe I'll find out what that is.

• minimus
    minimus

......interesting responses.....

• kls
    kls

I am really trying to think of anything i believe in that they say, um ,no can't say i do God is GOD , the name Jehovah was cramed down my throat that i don't even want to hear it.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Don't know what I believe as far as religion goes--don't trust anything JW anymore. I still believe in the universal law of love (love thy neighbor) Other than that I can't be sure of anything I don't see with my own eyes.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've pretty much dismissed of all the JW teachings. There's a few scraps still left that need to be cleaned up (ie the ouiji board issue), but I've done a pretty good job in renewing my beliefs and morals.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Is There ANYTHING That You Still Believe In From The JWs?

Yes.

"Religion is a snare and a racket."

"If someone claims to be a prophet and their prophesying does not come true, they are a false prophet."

Farkel

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    "Religion is a snare and a racket."

Yeah that works for me. Oh and that there is a God.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I truly believe there's no other form of life after death. That keeps me in peace.

If the almighty God(s) don't approve of me, then I'll just sleep profoundly for eternity. Not bad at all, really, in exchange for doing what I really please now!

DY

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

After reading the Bible, I pretty much jettisoned all J-Dub teachings.

My thinking was that God got a much higher degree of respect than a bunch of old men insulated in their apartments in Brooklyn.

LABD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit