Is There ANYTHING That You Still Believe In From The JWs?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you believe in hell again? The trinity? The "slave"? interpetations that only JWS seem to believe in?????

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

My whole belief system is based on their teachings! It's all I know.

There are just some of their stuff that I don't accept, like the disfellowshipping bit, the not celebrating birthdays and other non-religious holidays such as father's/mother's day, the reporting of field service time, and the too many meetings and assemblies, etc.

DY

• JH
    JH

Yes, I believe that toilets have to be cleaned regularly.

• freedom96
    freedom96

What I have to remind myself is that the WTS is not the "truth", and I need to distance myself from any of their beliefs.

That being said, I do have difficulty believing that there is a hell where people are tormented forever.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yes, I still believe that the bible is the inspired word of God.

Of course, nowadays I don't need one of those brightly colored, ever-changing books to tell me what it says!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I believe that sleeping in is the most satanically delicious way to spend a rainy Saturday...

mmmm...

CZAR of the four blankets and a cranked AC klass

• minimus
    minimus

Do you use the name "Jehovah" when referring to God?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hey, Min, that's not fair! That's two questions in the same thread!!!

OK, I'll pick up the ball and run with it, so.....

When talking with dubs I use the name Jehovah.

When speaking with Jews i speak of Yahweh.

When talking with Christians I use a variety of names like Lord, Father etc

When speaking with Buddhists and Moslems I speak of "the Father" or "the Lord" and maybe even "God".

When I'm speaking with unbelievers i speak of the Creator God.

Struth, this is quite a list, isn't it?

Cheers, Ozzie

• desib77
    desib77
    Yes, I still believe that the bible is the inspired word of God.

What makes you feel that this is true? I'm just asking because I don't even know if I believe the Bible is inspired or not.

Sorry, just confused....

Oh, and not meaning to take this thread in another direction.

• Swan
    Swan

I still believe that when you're dead, you're dead. There is no afterlife. Life and death are opposite conditions like a light switch, on and off. The dead are conscious of nothing.

I do not believe in the resurrection that JWs believe in, however.

I find great comfort in this. It makes me appreciate the life that I have, the moment that is now. I live life with the greatest concern, knowing that I do not have to sacrifice my life in the here and now by going door to door selling books and magazines for some pipe dream future.

When I do die, I will have great satisfaction, knowing that I have truly lived a good life.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit