Is There ANYTHING That You Still Believe In From The JWs?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

Farkel summed it up quite nicely: Religion is a snare and a racket

I would NOT join any religion again.

I do have a personal relationship with Jehovah....and maintain my dedication to HIM....only!!! I try to be a footstep follower of Jesus.

Codeblue

• wednesday
    wednesday

The psychologist i have been seeing for a number of years is jewish. He feels that u must live life to the fullest now ;harm no one and do good as much as u can. he does not believe in afterlife . Life is to be lived now. From him i learned that i don't need the threat of the Big "A" to make me want to lead a moral life. So many religions base their teaching s on your reward of an afterlife if u do good now. I feel much more at peace now. I always thought JWS teacings about the people who would survive the A were totally off.

and yeah what farkel and big tex said"religion is a snare and a racket" and i also have not stopped believing in God.

• minimus
    minimus

But Wednesday, what if your therapist is wrong and you rot in hell?

• wednesday
    wednesday
    But Wednesday, what if your therapist is wrong and you rot in hell?

well M, i may rot in the ground with no hope of a resurection, but that's about all. I do not serve God based on fear anymore.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah...but burning forever sux.......I'm not worried either. I agree with the therapist.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I still believe religion is a snare and a racket.

There are things I beleive from the dubs. But everything I beleive can be backed by facts and data to prove the issue. I'm glad the watchtower Company judged me. What does the bible say about humans that judge? Where does that make them stand? I have so much peace knowing and allowing God to make the call.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    I've pretty much dismissed of all the JW teachings. There's a few scraps still left that need to be cleaned up (ie the ouiji board issue), but I've done a pretty good job in renewing my beliefs and morals.

I'm curious, what did you mean by this: "ie the ouija board issue"?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Farkel writes with intelligence:

Yes. "Religion is a snare and a racket." "If someone claims to be a prophet and their prophesying does not come true, they are a false prophet."

And I am compelled to agree wholeheartedly with these dub teachings!

ESTEE

• minimus
    minimus

1914---what are you talking about??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit