Is There ANYTHING That You Still Believe In From The JWs?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

third time's a charm? ...here's what I meant to say ~

Interesting topic.

Currently, I find myself an all or nothing person. Hmmm, I think that TOO is JW residue.

Being a witless...

Wit´less

Adj.

witless - (of especially persons) lacking sense or understanding or judgment

nitwitted , soft-witted , senseless

stupid - lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity

...I accepted everything. Now, I accept nothing.

If, I accept one of their teachings, I find my brain unconsciously accepting another, then another...because; this is how I was programmed.

I'm kinda like a recovering Alcoholic...without the happy liquor buzz. As long as I stay away from the thought, taste, belief of being a witless...I fair well. If I begin to ponder belief in demons, then my mind automatically adds in the belief of angels to protect me from the demons, and of course angels must come from god...and on it goes...until "god" forbid I fall off the wagon...and reach for a watchtower.

I have chosen to become reformed (informed). I am free from all spoon-fed beliefs. I now decide on a daily basis what I believe. My beliefs could come from something I've read or heard that I agree with or from a chance psychic encounter. I am open to the improbable just as I question certainty. I no longer am cramped inside a narrow box of thought. Nor, does an original thought bring me shame and guilt.

One thing, however...that always bothered me as a witless. Was the word "spirit." I wondered why there were so many articles, mentions in books and so many words used by the society to downplay this word. Spirit, I was told, is not the same as "soul" or the same as the "body." Spirit is like electricity. When I die, my spirit leaves me and goes to the giant spirit in the sky: "see garth gates" (not literally, because that would mean spirit travel...it just gets unplugged like a fan)...because my energy force came from a larger mass of energy.

~wick

*happily pondering the word "spirit" ~ because i can*

• onacruse
    onacruse

SmolderingWick, hi there!

"spirit"...yes, very interesting.

The ruahh, the rush of air, the breath of life.

Carried over into the NT; John 3:8--

"The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So is everyone that is born from the spirit." (NWT)

And like kites in that wind, we can only follow along, and choose to enjoy the ride.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit