In All Honesty, Are You A Happier Person Now Than when You Were A JW?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin
    earning to enjoy other's personalities as individuals, and to get rid of any "judging" views has also added to my happiness.

Finally, perhaps the most important happiness I've got nowadays is being happy with me, not going day after day feeling like I was no good, never quite measuring up, etc. Many here know exactly what I'm talking about...

AMEN

• Special K
    Special K

Yes I'm happier now that I have gone through my transition period.

and

I threw all the measuring sticks, rulers, measuring tapes out of the house.

No checking to see if I measure up to anything or anyone or any group.

Special K

• Xena
    Xena

relatively speaking yes.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes .. Much happier to be off the treadmill. i am so grateful to those who have taken the trouble to set up the websites that helped me so much. Simon, Randy Watters, the ajwrb site for example.. To Ray Franz for his book.

Happyness need not mean that every day is filled with laughter , since life is still the same, but I feel that a load has been lifted .. There can be no going back, one cannot unlearn what we now know to be true.. I miss the association, the Spirituality, the hope for the future, but hell, if it it is not true...............whats the point?

• mrbarthoss
    mrbarthoss

for me, your question is a matter of degree - Happiness is, unfortunately, very fleeting. But as a devoted JW, I was often unhappy because SO much was out of my control (100% my doing!!), until I made the decision to have more control - I am unhappy from time to time now.....but it is NOT because of SO many things that are out of my control! Great question....................

• SAHS
    SAHS

Some basic physics:

? Ease of adjusting after leaving WT

is inversely proportional to

the distance travelled in time living with JW family/relatives.

? Degree of adjustment after leaving WT

is directly proportional to

the distance travelled in time since leaving WT.

Synopsis:

Jumping into the ?big pool? on a hot day will cool you down suddenly and rapidly. However, after a short time you feel warm enough to relax from the shock but cooled down enough to feel refreshed.

?SAHS (of the ?latter-day Einstein? class)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I think that Cyb's post could have been written by me......

Being at peace with myself and dropping the frantic lifestyle meant the most I guess. But I think having the freedom to choose what *I* think is best for ME---means even more.

Annie

• Teela
    Teela

Yes, emotionally, work and in my relationships.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

minimus:

You likely aren't expecting to hear from an active JW but I look in here once in a while. A bit of my history is that I was a JW, then I wasn't one and now am one again. From my perspective, life is better as a JW. At least as a JW a person knows where they stand. When I was an ex there were no clear guidelines, as the past I'd lived as a JW there were clear answers for most situations. It was a good wakeup call as I see that the world has nothing to offer ... possibly momentary highs followed by terrible lows. Of course what I feel is right for me but we all have to do what we feel is best for ourselves and thus take responsibility for our actions. Just my thoughts. a friend in need.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

In all honesty?

no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit