In All Honesty, Are You A Happier Person Now Than when You Were A JW?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

A friend in need,

I believe you. I'm still in physically, but out mentally a long time ago. Many inside would be miserable if they leave the WTBTS simply because they like having such structured, hurried and crowded life, plus all their friends are in there.

DY

• Badger
    Badger

without a doubt.

Much of my paranoia about my true feelings, wants, desires and thoughts have evaporated. I have a few problems now to be sure, but I'm not cleaning floors, pioneering, looking over my shoulder, saying "the answer" instead of what I really want to say, which is precisely where I was 10 years ago.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

DY:

I have few family members IN. Since I've been back in I've had little time to make new friends yet, so it is the teachings that I'm in for. I know association is important but my main thing is to take in as much knowledge as I can and share it with others. You say mentally you left a long time ago so I find it hard to understand still going if you don't believe it. I know all about shunning and avoiding it by staying. That wasn't my biggest fear though ... I was afraid of displeasing Jehovah. But if you've lost your belief I suppose you are doing what is best for you. a friend in need

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Infinitely happier now!

• Soledad
    Soledad
    JWs say, "The apostates are miserable!!".....Do you feel miserable?

no I dont feel miserable

and

I don't feel like an apostate either!

• Ciara
    Ciara

Bouncy 8100% Happier

Ciara

• minimus
    minimus

A Friend----I'm OUT because of the TEACHINGS!! How can you think the teachings are correct??

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Minimus:

My original response was to being happier now (even though I am a JW). That doesn't address your title but I felt my answer was honest. You've asked how I think the teachings are correct ... well, I wouldn't be there if I didn't but that is a whole new topic. a friend

• TonyT
    TonyT

Absolutely.

• boa
    boa

There is no doubt that release from the bonds of the wts crazy mind-control, repressive, backwards lying two-bit ways has led me to the happiest time of my life....Sure there is all the usual stuff life brings both good and bad, but it doesn't touch the intense joy of mental freedom....

I take every day and moment as special and don't feel even a teensy bit worried or concerned that I have no religion, faith or belief in a personal god, perhaps in any god at all....(jury still out on that one)

boa ...... <--------this is me....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit