In All Honesty, Are You A Happier Person Now Than when You Were A JW?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

it's hard to say really, i was born in and left when i was old enough to leave, i wasn't happy in and haven't really been overjoyed since.

-i can't truly say whether i am i am happier now than when i was in because all my years as a jw were all in childhood/adolescene, and my whole adult life i have been out of it, both had their own difficulties.

-i do imagine i am happier now at this age than in the life i've chosen than i would have been at this age had i lived the jw life.

-it's fair to say i'm happier now than at any other time since i left.

• anew
    anew

I am...I am also able to know pray with other sincere Christians who before I would have judged and been uncomfortable in the situation. I also do not believe all my friends and people who I grew to love (who happen to be in the world) are dispensable because someday they are going to be destroyed anyway. I value them and believe that God loves them and they are valuable to him. So much more peace of mind.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Positively - absolutely- unquestionably - affirmative- you bet - and a big "hell yeah" -

• Woman know your place
    Woman know your place

I?m free to do what I want any old time
    I?m free to do what I want any old time
    So love me hold me love me hold me
    I?m free any old time to get what I want

I?m free to sing my song knowing it?s out of trend
    I?m free to sing my song knowing it?s out of trend
    ?cause I?m free any old time to get what I want

I?m free any old time to get what I want

I?m free to choose who I see any old time
    I?m free to bring who I choose any old time
    Love me hold me love me hold me
    I?m free any old time to get what I want........................................

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

its too soon to tell if im happier (thats how messed up i am, cant even tell)

but i am definitely realer (if there is such a word)

Sin

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

A friend in need:

I respect your honesty and that you are happy now, you are absolutely correct we all need to find what is good for us. However, and not to get off the topic......did you know that you are talking to many non-JW's, especially ones who have been DF'd and DA'd....did you know that in the JW teaching, you're not supposed to be associating w/us? So, why are you here???? just a little confused about your statement, your actions seem to contradict your belief in "the teachings".....

• willyloman
    willyloman

One of the wonderful things about this forum is on display here: people talking honestly about their JW-imposed feelings and expressing themselves without fear of retaliation.

For those of you who answered, "No, I'm not happier," my advice is to keep on searching for happiness. As TV's Dr. Phil says, "It's not true that times heals all wounds. It's the work you do in that time that heals." In other words, don't wait for happiness to come to you; go out and find it. I think you do that by becoming engaged, active and involved in your community--you know, all the things the WTS said were forbidden. Get involved in clubs and organizations and charities that hold some special interest for you. You will find so many "worldly" people out there who are generous, gracious and fun to be around, who are putting themselves out for the sake of others. Don't be afraid to go anywhere, whether it's a church or some political gathering or some charitable organization that was formerly off limits (community blood bank, etc.). Attend lectures on recovery and spirituality. Don't be afraid to read and explore. See for yourself.

If you're in business, join the chamber of commerce or some trade organization that specializes in what you do. Look around at work or school for people you can respond to and open your heart and let your feelings show. Go to receptions at art galleries or readings at libraries. Get out and meet some people. You're in for a big surprise.

God has made a wonderful world for us to live in. All that negative crap is largely in the eyes of the boys in writing, and the men who deliver the talks at meetings.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Evesapple:

First of all ... thanks for your interest. Also, my pc is hooked up by phone line so must go off line when not on the pc so it is hit and miss with me when I get on line.

I happen to think of being on this site as talking to anyone I may meet in door to door or on the street. Some here are ex's and some never were JWs. Some are quite nasty but most are quite sweet. Same as anywhere else on this earth.

As I said, I was a JW, then not one and now am one again so my perspective is wide. Of all the states I've been in, now is best as I'm very happy with my life choices. Anyone who is happy with their choice in life should be in their happiest state as they have chosen their course.

I don't see any contradiction in my being here as you all are just people with the same wants, likes and hopes as me and most people in general.

a friend

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

Friend:

You are unlike anyother witness out there.....they don't share your same point of view....I'm quite certain if you had mentioned your visits on this site to your fellow bros. and sis's they would surely frown.

Willyloman:

Your advice is perfect.....get out and get invovled in something, I couldn't agree more. I know that's what helped me. I also have found that JW's were wrong about people in the world.....I have met truely wonderful friends that have unconditional love, not based on what I believe....but love me for who I am. Happiness doesn't find you, you have to find it.....and there is a lot of good there, based on my 9 years of experience.

• minimus
    minimus

Friend, I "encourage" you to tell your elders and every other Witness you know about your views, especially regarding this site....Please let us know what they say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit