Tell us about your avitar.

by carefully faded 73 Replies latest jw friends

• bem
    bem

Wednesday ~ Sunspot answered what the toy is.I have a pattern for a quilt block called "pinwheel" yes SS. I too have always loved them. but could never get my kids or grand-daughter as interested in them.

Bryan, Thanks for your reply will watch for your post.

bem.

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

As mentioned in an earlier post, I chose the name fraidycat9 because the previous numbers were taken. Cats are typically known for having "9" lives and I figured that I was on my 9th and final chance so I chose "9". However, my avatar of a black and white cat with only the eyes visible was chosen because it symbolized my half in/ half out state and my view that some thoughts are neither black nor white. Also leaving one to wonder if there's a sad pout or a wicked smile below those eyes; more so: Does anyone actually care?

• desib77
    desib77

<---------- Thumper....I've always loved Bambi

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

xander why the disappointed smilie? Was my picture not up to standard for you?

xLaurax

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

<--------- Calm, cool, collected, selfish, not worried about much in life.

DY

• franklin J
    franklin J

A picture of me taken at the Atlantic Ocean ( Fire Island) last summer. I will post a more recent one when I can scan it into the computer

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Again, thanks to everyone for your honest, touching and funny stories. It's very interesting to me the pictures that we choose to represent ourselves.

Holy Cheeses, thanks so much for the explanation - and the laughs.

I hope more people continue posting.

- CF

• Xander
    Xander

xLaurax :

xander why the disappointed smilie? Was my picture not up to standard for you?

Sorry, I was going for the shocked/horrified smiley. Lemme try again.

See? Shocked/horrified smiley!

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

xander now what in the world is so shocking and horrifying about my avitar or what i said about it? Hmm...i'm not quite understanding you

xLaurax

• Xander
    Xander

Sorry, I'm just teasing. Sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet, I spose. And, then, you are pretty new and probably haven't read many of my posts yet.

When reading my posts, assume someone speaking with an extremely dry, sardonic sense of humor. I'm a sarcastic bastard, basically.

(EDIT: Actually, seeing new faces who don't know us all is great! Lot of people have been here for a number of years, and thus seen the infamous "Pictures thread", so...yeah....)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit