Do You Think We Are Helping Witnesses Get Out Thru This Forum?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I am curious , especially since we have so many new ones here, as to how many actually left the organization because of this board or others similar to it. I certainly would hope that we are making a dent in the JW organization by what we do here......,

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Min-

I wouldn't see why not. Going on to H20 did it for ME! Seeing all the accusations against the WTS and finding the documentation (not just opinions) says a lot. Who knows how many HAVE been helped out and still lurk?

Annie

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

To many questions Min.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I for one although still attending the odd meeting and still going out for about 1 hour per month in the field service - have had the strength to vastly reduce my activity because of this board -so yes is the straight one word answer to your question minimus

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Min,

I wouldn't say I left because of this board because I'd already decided JWism was a pack of lies. However, without any shadow of a doubt the board went a long way in helping with my recovery AND substantiating that I was absolutely right to exit. The people here have hearts of gold. So many are helping me with my recovery from sickness. I love this place!!

Ian

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

It wasn't a forum that got me out but links to sites filled with information on the religions history, given to me in an AOL chatroom by one of the poster on this forum...........DocBob

Thanks Doc!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

still going out for about 1 hour per month in the field service

BTW guys - I hasten to add I report a lot more hours - I just love helping the WTBTS report to be false with loads of false hours

• blondie
    blondie

It helped me make my decision to stop going altogether. Actually the last CO and DO clinched the deal.

Blondie

• wednesday
    wednesday

i already loathed JWS before I found this board. I found silentlambs first, and then this board. I still believed most of JWS teachings 2 yrs ago when i came to the board. the board has helped me by reading other XJW accounts, so i realized I was not alone. I stayed away from doctrinal threads for a long time, but now i read them. I also go to freemids . GaryBuss had helped me a lot, i've read a lot of his stuff over on freeminds. Jt has helped me greatly on this board. Bar none, he has had the most influence on me.Dakota Red helped discover my loyality to my country. (something denied to all JWS) Blondie and Lady Lee are right up there with helping me, all the info they have provided. This board has also helped my hubby through me. I tell him about stuff i read here, and he is responding. He now tells me he never ever believed all that jws taught and agrees with me on a lot of stuff now. so i really am grateful that he is seeing the light.

these discussions boards help jws by providing association with others who aren't afraid to question the WTS.

• La-Bellamargarita
    La-Bellamargarita

I've been out for about three years now after twenty years in the borg. It was Freeminds initially that got me thinking. I had often felt uneasy about certain issues especially the fact that the WBTS kept on changing things over the years then in '95 or was it '96 when they discovered "new light" on 1914 I really started to check them out seriously using info from freeminds then I bought Crisis of Concsience and that was it. Then I discovered this board and I've never looked back!

La-Bella

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit