Do You Think We Are Helping Witnesses Get Out Thru This Forum?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

No wonder the Watchtower Society says not to get on the internet!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I remember this quote by some WTS biggie to the effect of 'if you ever find something better, please let us know.' First of all, even if someone DOES find something better do you really think any JW would listen? I think both JWs and ex's can agree on this one.

But the point I really want to make is this external focus of such a statement. This is what I would consider spiritual materialism, always looking at what you can get. Whatever happend to looking within, self examination? Are you concerned with the truth, or are you concerned with getting something? How can you ever know the truth without even knowing yourself?

• minimus
    minimus

Their answer is ---We know the truth and what's best for you so just do as you're told and keep quiet (and stay guilty).

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oh yes, this website helped me a great deal to distance myself from the WTBTS.

I'm sure it'll help many, many, many more.

DY

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

I pretty much made my decision prior to discovering this board. I use this board mostly as a sanity check and as confirmation that what I lived through was not "all in my head". There is no way that it is by sheer co-incidence that so many people from so many backgrounds who don't even know me remotely could have so many of the same if not similar experiences. After some self-examination, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not sure if I was actually "in" in the first place. I inherited the belief system from my parents and bought into the package without thoroughly examining the contents (which, by the way changed as time went on). This forum may not be helping anyone get out, but if a person is honest with him or herself after reading the real life stories, they would have to agree that it sure isn't helping anyone stay in. And that's just my take on things.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    It's not like it's left this enormous vacuum in my life.

Nice phrase, dude. Words to live by!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit