Contributions? Wait On Jehovah!

by metatron 88 Replies latest jw friends

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    They have NEVER had enough money to do all the things they would like to do.

Yes they could only build one hotel at Patterson, not two. Oh the poor people! "Wait on Jehovah" is not just in the literature. It was/is used from the platform at almost every meeting, and it is the council given out when someone is worred about the fact that they've never gotten and education, have a job with no healthcare, a grave illness and are hoping maybe that the Society is right about that "Millions Now Living" thingy. Quit being a Watchtower Stooge.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

proplog>All of the +28 years I was a crippled child with severe bloody ulcerative colitis.I was exorted to "wait on jehovah" for my expedient relief.

What goes around comes around.[Matt.18:10]

• Atilla
    Atilla

does anyone think they'll go back to where you have to pay for the literature?? From a business point of view, wouldn't it be worth it even if they had to pay the damn taxes?

Once you give something away for free or even a donation basis, it is very difficult to get people to pay for it. Look at the internet, people have always had free email and no one wants to pay for it. Of course, you could slip some ads into the literature.

• Atilla
    Atilla
    There is ample evidence that the Israelites and Christians gave money to support their causes. Money comes from people NOT heaven.

True, but they actually got something for their donations, not just crapy books and lecturing about how they weren't doing enough.

• metatron
    metatron

Proplog, you're forgetting all the Witnesses like me who have suffered the effects of Watchtower corruption

and been told to 'wait on Jehovah'. Like the money hungry Pharisees, they love to dismiss complaints about their

own misdeeds such, covering up child molesters, while using this deceptive ploy.

Of course, being hypocrites, they NEVER apply the same logic to things like gathering contributions - because THAT

INVOLVES MONEY!

If Jehovah supports them, they need no help from anyone. If they're liars promoting a fraud, they need everyone's money.

metatron

• dothemath
    dothemath

I personally feel much better donating to other charities now............ones that are doing good things, not just printing reams and reams of paper.

The Society should have all kinds of funds now since they sold that property in Brooklyn...........I don't recall the amount, but did read something on it recently.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Three IRS policy-makers are devising rules for taxing religious organizations.

The first bureaucrat says, "We should storm the church, sieze the collection basket, and tell the minister, 'We are going to throw the collection basket into the air. You may keep the money that lands on the altar, we will take the rest for the state."

The second bureaucrat says, "No, that's not fair. We should storm into the chapel, sieze the collection basket, and tell the minister, 'We are going to throw the basket into the air. You may keep the money that lands in the sanctuary, we will keep the rest for the state."

Finally, the third bureaucrat says, "You two haven't been at this long enough. The best method would be for us to storm the church, sieze the collection basket, and tell the minister, "We are going to throw this collection basket into the air. Tell your God to keep what he wants, 'cause the state is going to keep everything else that comes back down."

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Seeing as they're having such a hard time drumming up funds these days, does anyone think they'll go back to where you have to pay for the literature?? From a business point of view, wouldn't it be worth it even if they had to pay the damn taxes?

Mary,
    I have thought the same thing! I just can't see why paying the tax (to those who are DUE the tax) is such a problem. With all the property, assets nd "business interests" that we KNOW about---why are they putting themselves in such a ("wanting?") situation? It doesn't make sense, but then again, we're dealing with the WTS.

**Also, does anyone think they'll ever go back to having Food Services at the assemblies? The revenue made from the foods sold was probably about 2/3rds of all "donations" they received for covering the costs related to the assemblies........I thought it was incredibly stupid of them to get rid of it and I wonder if there's any talk about bringing it back..........

While they are having such difficulty with the sheep wanting to stray out of the pen to find sustenance during the intermission at the assemblies, wouldn't you think it WOULD be an ideal solution? It wlould solve lots of problems and make things so much easier. For everyone.

Annie

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

"Love doesn't keep account of injury." Or at least that's what the Bible says. It's obvious that your posts have one objective - to vomit up your hate so your fans can come and lick it up.

Get over it. Do you even believe in God?

The Watchtower seems to be weathering the molestation attack pretty well. The 6.5 million JW's don't seem to feel as Bill Bowen erroneously claims that they are a hot bed of child molesters.

You will NEVER heal. Keep pickin' on those scabs.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Undaunted Danny:

Bloody Ulcerative Colitis. Sounds like a wicked disease. Is there a cure for it? A lot of diseases have no cure. Life forces some people to be patient whether they want to be or not. All I know is I'm not going to get out of this life alive.

Life isn't fair. Tough! That's the way it is. Jehovah feeds the sparows and I've seen plenty of them serving as food for my neighbors cat. The lillys of the field are clothed by Jehovah - unfortunately they're in the grass family and I'm alergic to them.

I have no objection to bringing up Watchtower errors. But this whinning accomplishes absolutely nothing. It actually works against you. The only people who take mal-contents seriously are other mal-contents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit