Contributions? Wait On Jehovah!

by metatron 88 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Clearly, there is every earmark of financial worries within the Watchtower Society.

Even Governing Body members have expressed concern about falling contribution levels

within congregations. Yet, for the faithful, the answer is simple: Wait on Jehovah.

There is no need to contribute to the Watchtower Society for anything. Plainly, they have

Jehovah to support them in all matters. Giving them money is "trying to steady the Ark",

or intervening without showing faith because we think that the organization is merely

led by men and not God.

So, the next time you pass a contribution box, remember to put your wallet back in your

pocket to show your faith.

In regard to contributions, we all need to "wait on Jehovah" and really mean it.

metatron

• Confucious
    Confucious

NY METs(atron),

Way to go.

Nice comment.

After all, that's the elders recomendation, right???

Wait on Jehovah.

Con

• Confucious
    Confucious

Guys,

I can't tell you how much Met's post means to me.

I mean, ok. They told us with EVERYTHING that went on.

Did they say, "Ok, we need to take the initiative to fix this problem???

No.

They said, "Wait on Jehovah."

Ok.

No problem then.

Lets do the same.

(Steam coming off of me - I'm so mad.)

Confucious

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yeah, who do they think they are? Uzzah?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**So, the next time you pass a contribution box, remember to put your wallet back in your

pocket to show your faith.

In regard to contributions, we all need to "wait on Jehovah" and really mean it.

Heh-heh-heh----good one Metatron! Fine, FINE counsel indeed!

hugs,

Annie

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Yeah, Jehovah will [edit] 'em up real bad ensure that his organization will not end up filing bankruptcy. Jehovah's organization and his chariot with the flat tire will not fail!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"Wait on jehovah"

- translations

• " I / we are inconvenienced to help you - it could even be that we incur a loss "
    • " I / we can't change this, by fair means or foul - law suit or otherwise "
    • " I / we weren't the wrong ones - talk to God about it - He wrote it "
  • Mary
    Mary

Seeing as they're having such a hard time drumming up funds these days, does anyone think they'll go back to where you have to pay for the literature?? From a business point of view, wouldn't it be worth it even if they had to pay the damn taxes?

Also, does anyone think they'll ever go back to having Food Services at the assemblies? The revenue made from the foods sold was probably about 2/3rds of all "donations" they received for covering the costs related to the assemblies........I thought it was incredibly stupid of them to get rid of it and I wonder if there's any talk about bringing it back..........

• Emma
    Emma

Clearly, this needs to be the theme of a new "Kingdom Melody."

Wait on Jehovah, put your wallet a-waaaaay.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

You seem to be a real gusher of hateful propaganda. And your chorus slurps it up.

Get out your Watchtower CD. Look up the expression Wait on Jehovah. Check the context in which it is used. Tell us what you find. You won't do that because you are already meditating on your next propaganda piece. So I'll tell you what I found.

I didn't do an exhaustive search but here goes.

As an aid to endure persecution and injustice - Wait on Jehovah 13 times

Learning patience in putting up with others - Wait on Jehovah 8 times

Questions over doctrine - Wait on Jehovah 5 times

Contentment with what you have - Wait on Jehovah 2 times

So why do YOU use that phrase to attack the Watchtower. I am sure they aren't worrying about money. They have NEVER had enough money to do all the things they would like to do. That's the way it is when you are a non profit organization. NOTICE your admonition was "next time you PASS the contribution box". Why didn't you say "next time the contribution box is PASSED down you aisle.?

There is ample evidence that the Israelites and Christians gave money to support their causes. Money comes from people NOT heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit