Would You Go Back To A Kingdom Hall For A Funeral or Wedding?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

NO! NEVER! I could never listen to such lies again - even if it meant the service was for a loved one. I cannot be a hypocrite.

Ian

• Emma
    Emma

Wedding, no way. Ick. I can't imagine listening to a jw wedding talk. (I recently went to a Catholic wedding and it was much better than jw)

I've thought about whether I'd go if my mom died. I was discouraged from going to my dad's though it had only been months since I'd begun to fade. That shows my family's view. I think I'd be damned if I did and damned if I didn't. When I ask what I would get out of it or if there would be any benefit to anyone, the answer is none, no.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I doubt I'll ever go to another JW wedding, since I don't know any single JWs. As for a funeral, I already went to the KH for one, and it started out nice. The speaker was talking about the deceased's life which was really nice. Then, the funeral talk turned into a Public talk, and I found myself daydreaming as I had before. It was horrible. I got many guilt trips to come back to the hall, and some shunning as well. I will never attend another JW funeral.

I think when the time comes, and my mother cacks, I'll hold a nice worldly service for her, and have all her worldly relatives attend.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Went to grandma's funeral at a chapel in a funeral home. JW funeral all the way, (I liked the cross at the front of the chapel!). It was all I could do to deal w/it...'nuff said.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well my JW grandmother just turned 95 a couple of weeeks ago.

If they call to tell me no I don't think I would make the 15 hr trip

If my mother died hmmmmmmm Yea and since I am the oldest kid and she isn't married I will be pulling some strings and doing it my way

small service in the funeral home for family that are not JW

the ones that are JW can do their own thing in the hall - I won't be there

but if she has a will and I can't control what happens then yup I will go to the hall and sit in the front and they can like it or lump it and I will bring a real Bible or CoC to read

• talesin
    talesin

As a DF person, I am specifically told that I am not welcome at weddings, anniversary celebrations, and other happy family gatherings.

HOWEVER, I am expected to attend funerals?!!!?? HYPOCRITES!

No, I have already travelled that road, and refused to attend my grandfather's funeral. Like I told my brother, 'he wouldn't talk to me for the past five years, so why would I go to his funeral?'

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Positively NOT! I will never go near a KH again for any reason.

This got me in a bunch of trouble already----the nonJW relatives were quite sympathetic (and astounded) when they saw how my JW B-I-L treated me at a family function two years ago. When he died, hubby and I didn't attend the funeral in MA. I didn't want to sit and listen to the WTS crap and the infomercial that always is given---and hubby didn't see the need to go because he felt that B-I-L didn't want me around or in his hoem when he was alive, so why would we want to travel 400 miles to be there because he died? NOW all the nonJW relatives are ticked at me AND him since that time.

The WTS seems to sneak into my life and excersize control over my family in one way or another.....I just cannot totally escape it.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Like I told my brother, 'he wouldn't talk to me for the past five years, so why would I go to his funeral?'

LOL! You were one minute ahead of me, Talesin!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Nope!

When I get up the courage to finally stop going, I'll never set foot in a KH ever again!

DY

• prgirl79
    prgirl79

i don't have to deal with this but i was thinking why should you guys go when

1) they shun you so if they don't have you in their home treat you like that why should you bother going to the funeral

2) when my ex's grandmother passed away they didn't go into the service(which was the hated Catholic ) they wouldn't go for anyone i cared for because we are worldly so why should any of you go for them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit