Speaking in Tongues

by Pinned Blouse 78 Replies latest jw friends

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

yep - not much different than a preacher at some fundie church.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Prophesying doom is the speciality of the kingdom halls

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

And that's one of the big reasons I've moved on. However - moving on means not moving backwards to even crazier groups - like anyone that believes in speaking in tongues.

• designs
    designs

Kind of entertaining isn't it-

Two completely different God's impelling people to jump, shout and writhe on the ground the same way, now give me a Whirling Dervish anyday or a nature baby running naked down the Beach at sunset

• Terry
    Terry

I doubt many of you can survive this clip intact!

• JWoods
    JWoods

Yuk. Maybe Tilton should demonstrate the handling of deadly snakes for us, as well.

• designs
    designs

Woods-

Watch the video with the sound off..............its hysterical

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

RE: speaking in tongues.

Simply put, in the days of the apostles, the ability given to some to speak in a language they did not know:

ACTS:

2 When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. 3 Divided tongues, as of fire, appeared among them, and a tongue rested on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages, as the Spirit gave them ability.

5 Now there were devout Jews from every nation under heaven living in Jerusalem. 6 And at this sound the crowd gathered and was bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in the native language of each. 7 Amazed and astonished, they asked, “Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each of us, in our own native language? 9 Parthians, Medes, Elamites, and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretans and Arabs—in our own languages we hear them speaking about God’s deeds of power.” 12 All were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “What does this mean?”

Of course, as Paul mentions, its a great gift and all, just like prophecising, but don't make a big deal out of it, it pales to Hope, Faith and Love.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I "got" the gift of tongues by going to a well-known "deliverance" minister out here in the Beaumont, Calif. area. I can do it on a moment's notice. It is not supernatural at all (referring to the "personal" use of the gift of tongues). I even taped myself doing it years ago! A child can get it if they are in the right frame of mind; and indeed, some children learn a form of gibberish when they are young that they use alone quite often.

People get scared of the dumbest things, especiallly when religions tell them to.

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit