New! SATANIC IMAGES in Knowledge book! What do you think?

by Dogpatch 106 Replies latest jw friends

• JustUs
    JustUs

Some very interesting post' here, although I'm inclined to agree with JT and Gumby. There are too many "real" issues with this organization we all see very clearly. In my opinion, while some may find subliminal suggestions in pictures and drawings as significant of deeper darker things, I see it as a distraction from what needs continually to be focused on. The Watchtower organization has feet of clay that will eventually crumble if our desires to have them fully exposed remain objective and reasonable.

• Corvin
    Corvin

OK, this is for the skeptics: Tell us all how the WTBTS does not deliberately put absurdities into their illustrations.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Here is the one that started it all, circa 1983. While I do not think that every single anomaly found in the WT illustrations should be construed as a deliberate hidden or subliminal image, there are more than a few illustrations that are far too creepy to chalk up printing anomalies, size reduction or "seeing faces in the clouds" or interpreting ink splats. Some of the hidden images are too semetrical to lend them to those explanations.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I'm sorry but I gotta admit that I would put myself in pictures too if I was a president of something. I think in alot of pictures the artists put their families and stuff dunno I always hear stuff.

But ya it's terrible... Don't see the harm in it but ya it's kind of crappy. Man if I was a Bethel Artist I would have done 20 times worse.

• searcher
    searcher

An interesting side note to this is that, a few months ago, I received anonymously by snail mail, a CD containing the pictures as depicted on the site linked to by Dogpatch.

CD contains the just pictures on the site, not the site itself.

The owner of that site DOES have my home address but he has never kept his identity secret and so would have no reason to remain anonymous.

According to the instructions on the CD, the mailer sent them out from a location remote from where s/he lives to preserve anonymity.

Hm, trying to think now who in the UK has my home address, is connected to the JW?s in some way, would need to keep their identity from me,

Nope, no one springs to mind.

• justhuman
    justhuman

The Watchtower has been always using (since the live forever book) subliminal images...so there is nothing new

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**While I do not think that every single anomaly found in the WT illustrations should be construed as a deliberate hidden or subliminal image, there are more than a few illustrations that are far too creepy to chalk up printing anomalies, size reduction or "seeing faces in the clouds" or interpreting ink splats. Some of the hidden images are too semetrical to lend them to those explanations.

Now........I wish I'd said THAT! This is true, Corvin. I've thought it for years.

I'm being serious when I say this, ever since I began to get the magazines when I was studying in 1969, I always felt that there was something hokey about them, illustration-wise. (Had I felt they were full of crap, I wouldn't be writing this today, LOL) But there is no way I can describe it, just a "feeling" that made me feel uncomfortable. They just looked phony or something and I was embarrassed to "place" them when I subsequently got to the stage of joining in field Service.

Even with the advent of the colored mags (I was visiting Wallkill when the first colored Awake! mag was being printed) and of course I was impressed at the great change in their appearance. But that "weird" feeling about them never went away and I couldn't understand why I felt that way. When I eventually got on the 'net AND was beginning to see the chinks in the armor of the WTS, when I saw these sites about subliminal images in the WTS publications---I laughed.

My first thought was they were weird, but not THAT weird----until more and more of these images were being discoverd in newer mags. I went and got my own literature to see for myself, and I was surprised! A LOT of the stuff WAS there! I ended up going through many older books and saw some things that could NOT have been a "mistake". No way. I'm not talking "lookalikes" from the GB or whatever----I could understand why they would do that---but the downright creepy stuff that we're discussing. I found things that haven't been shown on any of the sites that I've looked at---and I've seen new images printed in publications since I stopped getting them in '99.

I truly cannot see how all of these are in my (or anyone else's who honestly sees them) imagination. I don't see "demons" behind (or ON) every tree, but I DO see that the WTS has allowed these to be placed in the literature--for some unknown reason. I strongly believe there is something TO this.

If you'll excuse me, it's time to go and feed the purple giraffe and the silver unicorn that are peeking in my window.

hugs,

Annie

• stephenluz
    stephenluz

Hi everyone!

First, lets all salute the wonderful artistry of whoever created that beautiful artwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This is some of the most AWESOME work ever!

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I can see that something is wrong with the photos,artwork,ect.

I have the old insite book with the original drawings in it, but I feel that if you worked at bethal for a buck twenty five a day, you would draw crap into the publications too, I think we still need to beat them on the facts of 607 bce and all of the other things that prove they are wrong, this at best is a side dish, it is getting more intresting with the dedicated ones diging up all these facts, and it certianly cant hurt anything, the dubbers do the same thing dig and dig on stuff that does not mean all that much then make mountains out of it, so why not give them what they dish out?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    you know, i think the printed words in watchtower literature is way more terrifying than any picture i've ever seen.

Very true in my book. And, we really don't need the subliminal pictures either--some of those WT illustrations would have been pretty scary if they were not so poorly drawn, nonetheless I don't think they were appropiate to be showing children--"Look Johney, see all those people being destoyed in this picture--you don't want to one of them now do you? So, you had better grow up get baptized and become one of JWs, because if you don't Jehovah will destroy you too and Mommy won't get to see you ever again and that would make Mommy very sad" NOW THAT'S SCARY!!! SAD, BUT TRUE, I HAVE HEARD WITNESS PARENTS SAY THINGS LIKE THAT TO THEIR CHILDREN ! . I think the inkblot theory explains much of these images. When I was a kid I saw all kinds of images staring up at the knotty pine ceiling in my bedroom--some were nice--some were not, but I don't think they influenced my life much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit