I had a visitor!!!!!!

by Sunspot 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Purza
    Purza

That is wonderful!!!!!

I met with some old JW friends of mine last week. They are marginal JWs and we spent some time together. I really enjoyed catching up with them. I hope you are able to catch up with your friends very soon.

Purza

• Fleur
    Fleur

annie that is just fabulous news! i hope you have a great time catching up.

i am lucky that one of my oldest dear friends is now out too. she lives a ways away, but we can talk now and email and stuff and its wonderful. oh, how there are others i would love to have the same call from, esp. one girl i grew up with. we were supposed to raise our kids together. now her daughter must be hitting puberty, and she has a son i've never seen. i don't even know his name.

your experience gives me hope still. so happy for you sweetie!! keep us posted on how the catching up goes please?

hugs

fleur

• simplesally
    simplesally

Great news!

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

Because my younger son is still somewhat privvy to what the young jws are up to he keeps me informed as to their comings and goings. There are SO many that are just hanging on so as to not loose their families, but I know as time goes on and they are able to stand more on their own there will be more and more falling away from the cult. (I just hope everyday that my oldest son will too!!!!!!!)It is just good to know that the YOUNG ones are leaving, that makes the whole foundation of the future generation soooo shaky!! I have had quite a few young "gay" exjws come my way looking for support. I am flattered that my "coming out" proved to be a source of strength for others to look at the possibilites! It was no easy task, but one that Ive never regretted!! Thanks for sharing your "good news" Annie! Speak truth, spread the peace Flowerpower

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**your experience gives me hope still. so happy for you sweetie!! keep us posted on how the catching up goes please?

Thanks, Fleur, other than my shock and happiness---I guess that's why I posted it. I could hardly sleep last night, I kept thinking of ALL the stuff I've learned about the WTS, and how MANY things we have to catch up on with her large family and mine! I kept thinking "OH I've GOT to tell her about this, that and the other thing", five years is a LOT of catching UP to do!
    I WILL update things as they happen!

**Because my younger son is still somewhat privvy to what the young jws are up to he keeps me informed as to their comings and goings.

Flowerpower,
    I never have had the opportunity to hear ANYTHING in five years! I live in a very small town and not being "in the loop" I've only been aware of death announcements because they were in the newspaper! No one has spoken to me in all that time (JWs I meant :-) so this is quite a breakthrough!

**I have had quite a few young "gay" exjws come my way looking for support. I am flattered that my "coming out" proved to be a source of strength for others to look at the possibilites!

I think this can be said of any human being in any given situation! People are always comforted by being around others who share whatever it is that they are going through. I commend you for your courage, and for extending a warm hand to others who so needed it. Bless your heart!

**It was no easy task, but one that Ive never regretted!!

I think that covers everyone HERE that has left the Witchtower Babble & Trick Sassiety for whatever reasons!

Thank you to ALL who have come to post on this thread, and for sharing my joy. I've said this before----that a few months after I left, I sat up and realized that for 30 years of "friends"---in one day, I didn't have a ONE left! I then joined an online support group for exJWs and they gave me such comfort during some very rough times.

I then realized that the ONLY people I "talked" to or confided in, were online. I kept thinking it SHOULD make me feel bad---but it didn't! I wondered if there was something WRONG with me! A large gap was filled and very nicely at that!

As I read through the replies on this, I am so tickled at the thoughts and caring I feel as sit here. You are "strangers" who I share a common experience with (as in Flowerpower's post) and I am so touched. Even two words of encouragement mean so much!

We have such a terrific group of folks here and I am very grateful for this board---and the wonderful people who post here....and I don't consider you "strangers"....at all.

Hugs always,
    Annie

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

that is awesome!!!

=)

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

That is just great! And congratulations on your Jedi status.

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

I live and hope the same thing will happen in my area

• franklin J
    franklin J

happy trails, Annie

I am glad you could renew an old friendship. Now, you will have so much more in common!

regards, and be well, Frank

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am sooooo happy for you Sunspot!!!!!!!!!! This is awesome news!! if only all of us could have our one closest friend give us this news...

ahh but you give us hope!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit