I had a visitor!!!!!!

by Sunspot 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I'm happy for you Sunspot.... and CONGRATS on hitting 1000 and becoming a Jedi !!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Wow, that's pretty awesome. I hope your prediction that more and more of us will have that experience is true.

SNG

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks so much, Seattlenice guy, Double Edge, Sassy, Franklin, Miss MG, Sunshine too, and Eyebrow2-----

I know my friend and her hubby will be home tonight, but I know they'll be pooped and probably unpacking, so we probably won't have the chance to yak tonight.

I have butterflies fer Pete's sake!

Thanks for your good wishes, and thanks for the Congratulations on my JEDI status!

As always, I SOOO hope for all of you to get a NICE surprise visit or phone call----very soon!

hugs,
    Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

UPDATE!!!!!

I have spoken with "Cindy" by phone for hours and hours! We each had so much to share and catch up on in five years. She and her hubby have both left at the same time and they don't have a computer! Haha!

It was primarily for the lack of love. One sister would stop by occasionally and bring the latest mag while she was out in FS, but that was IT for over a year. Both Cindy and hubby have chronic health problems and are either taking care of each other or suffering together toughing it out. They felt it was more obligatory than friendly---and I knew just what she meant.

She said that they were asked "how are you" but then didn't really give the impression that she wanted to know---the "how are you" as a greeting rather than a question. Cindy got the feeling that the sister didn't want to hear because it might put a burden on her by that point to DO something really helpful. Maybe I'm not expressing this very well---but I knew exactly what she meant.

I've been super busy printing out things for them to see from the 'net and I'm sure all the things they DIDN'T know about will cement their hearts firmly against the WTS for good. I only touched on the "Donation Arrangement" fraud but didn't get into the "UN" crap on the phone. I'm waiting until they can come here and see it for themselves on MY computer! I've got quite a pile of things (about 50 pages so far) here to share,lol!

Funny thing-----I had forgotten what had drawn us together when we first got acquainted. We had both shared a lot of health problems and never felt that we were "good enough" for the rest of the group in the cliques.....we had gotten to chatting one day at the KH and continued the conversation by phone after the meeting. Very soon we were visiting back and forth and spending a lot of time together with our families.

She mentioned that the other day----that THAT was what began our friendship---and she was right! She said how funny that we both end up leaving the "loving brotherhood" for the same reasons and not having been in touch throughout the whole decision-making process. They've been "in" 20 years and had seen a LOT of things that didn't set well with them but had "waited on Jehovah" to put things right-long enough!

Now they have been shunned by her kids except for one who was recently DFed. He and his daughters (pre-teens) are living with them so things are pretty hectic most of the time. Her oldest son and his wife just had their first baby in December and they have never gotten so much as a picture of the baby. (The son moved to OK a few months ago) They officially left the WTS just over a year ago (did I say that already?) so things are real sensitive for them right now.

She was shocked about my superfine reg-pioneer elder's wife daughter getting married and not inviting us----she always thought the world of my daughter. She was also surprised at what happened after my first stroke and that daughter was called (by my son) to tell her---and she never called, sent flowers or a card until three months afterward. Like I said---we had TONS of catching up to do!

Despite swapping war stories and sharing the crappy stuff (why does the font change after so many paragraphs?) that we've been through, our getting together even if only by phone--was wonderful! She brought out the same thing we've seen on here---as much as her brother and sister love her---NOBODY can really understand what we go through when we make the choice to leave the WTS and all the repercussions that come of it. I'm SO glad to be there for them right now!

Sooo, that's it for now! Just wanted to get back to you all and let ya know whassup!...

hugs,

Annie

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Wonderful news, Annie! I am so glad that you have renewed your friendship, and that you have someone that you really care about to share war stories with. That's going to be something that will really help you *and* her. Please keep us posted, and if your friends should one day get a computer, please tell them to join us.

Country Girl

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Please keep us posted, and if your friends should one day get a computer, please tell them to join us.

I'll be glad to keep you updated as long as I'm not boring anyone to death! LOL! Actually I told her about posting her visit to this site because I was so happy when she stopped by! AND I told her I'd be letting you folks know that we'd gotten together!

I had already planned on telling them about this place when they hopefully get a computer! I'm way ahead of you!

Thanks for your reply, CG!

• bebu
    bebu

Hey Annie,

I just read this whole thread today. I'm so psyched to hear about your good friend leaving, and deliberately seeking you out! And now you can catch up...

I do hope that someday they join the board. It'd be great for her DF son to catch wind of all these things as well... I kinda think that might actually happen, too.

OH, and also, congratulations on being a big ol' jedi now (like me, ahem).

LOVE hearing good news!!!!!!

bebu

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

((((Sunspot)))))

This is great news! Thanks for sharing with us. I'm sure the two of you will have a great catch-up visit!

Please keep us posted!

((((Hugs of joy))))

ESTEE

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I was wondering what happened.... thanks for the update!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit