I had a visitor!!!!!!

by Sunspot 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WHOOOEEEEE!

About 10 minutes ago I had a visitor! She was a sister that we used to pal around with, we had several dinners together and she and her husband and my husband played cards together. A lot!

She stopped by and it wasn't two minutes after she walked in the door, she said the magic words"we aren't Jehovah's Witnesses any more"! My reply was that was a move in the right direction, LOL!

She didn't go into detail but left me her unlisted phone number and said to call her and we'd plan a day together and catch up on the last five years!

I can't believe it! This is the first person in my area that has contacted me since I left! I am SO psyched! This is terrific! Not only cuz she and her family have LEFT the WTS, but it happens to be people we were close to! They had always accepted my nonJW hubby like he was "family". Very few JWs did that.

I just wanted to share some GOOD news for a change!!!!

hugs,

Annie

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Good for you!!! I hope this will be a great opportunity to re-kindle a friendship!

• blondie
    blondie

I'm so happy for you, Annie!!!

It was good that she knew she could come to you too, that you left the door open.

I'm so jealous (not really, just happy).

Blondie

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Sunspot

This is just fabulous news. I'm so happy for you.

I remember one particular couple my husband and I were close to (when we were J.W.'s) and I still miss them dearly.

Again, I'm happy for you. enjoy all the catch up talk and socialization.

sincerely

Special K

• Will Power
    Will Power

Congratulations!!!

It would be like a dream come true !

s

• codeblue
    codeblue

That really is exciting!!! Wow...I would love to know why they aren't JW's anymore. Please keep us informed, if ya can!!!

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Awesome!! Congrats! I am hoping that one day that will happen with my parents.

FD

• freedom96
    freedom96

I had a similar call the other day, I am excited too. Can't wait til we get together.

Have fun!

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

That's fantastic! Always good to hear of more people leaving the borg!

FF

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

THANKS for all the nice replies!! Only an exJW would understand what this MEANS, huh? Hopefully ALL of you will get to experience this as the WTS fizzles down more and more.

Freedom, I'm tickled FOR you and your phone call!

My "visitor" said they were going up to Niagara Falls tomorrow and will be gone until Thursday afternoon. I am already getting "antsy" wanting to call them, but I know they are busy packing etc. It's gonna be a long few days, LOL!

I will keep you posted on what happens when we do get together!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit