What did people do before they had computers?

by ball. 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Thats where the pain and anger come from.

Got my Forty

You have every right to feel that pain and anger. Shit I hated my family for what they forced from me and on me. I continually wonder where I may have been if given the opportunity. Just try not to focus on that aspect of you life and know as you said YOU have accomplished and are successful at that which you are doing now.

I?m sure even if given the opportunity many would choose a different path, because we have learned and learning is not failure. You know much more than the any other person who has not been subjected to what we were. Your life?s lessons are different than others?and this is far from any failure.

I truly believed when I finished college ? at a late age?I would change in some magnificent way... but that was far from the truth. I am me and my life which was directed in a large way by my father and the witnesses still is me. I was still angry, I was still hurt and confused. And in learning to let that anger and rage go over all the ?what if?s? is when I truly knew who I was and that even prior I was successful.

You do not give yourself enough credit IMO.

Hugs

Cassi

• ball.
    ball.

We all made mistakes man, as Billy Joel, said, ther'e the only thing you can trully call your own.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    We all made mistakes man

I think his point is that he is exitsing off of his parents mistakes. That he was not given the chance to make his own mistakes but that they were directed so to speak.

Cassi

• Soledad
    Soledad

I hear ya homey. keep on keeping on. I understand the pain, believe me I do.

• Corvin
    Corvin

jwbot,

I have had a computer sinse I was 5. Was there a time before computers?

You sound like my kids. They are just accustomed to having one . . . they've been using them since kindegarten.

LOL, I had only begun using the computer for the first time at work about 5 years ago and knew diddly-squat about them. I bought my first pc about 3 years ago and recently bought a new one . . . now my home actually has two. Much of my income now depends on having one and I really don't know what I would do without it.

You kids are jaded, jk.

Corvin

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My first computer at work was an 8086, booted with two disks, LOADS of fun. I was able to run Multi Mate as a word processor on it though. I used to help my girlfriend/fiance type her COBAL (?) cards...GREAT FUN.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Before computers there was the black and white 'ping pong' game on TV.

Beep..........beep.............beep beep..................beep

Puternut

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit